The Royal Enfield Himalayan is a motorcycle that evokes a sense of adventure and exploration. With its rugged design and powerful engine, this bike is built to take on any terrain and conquer any challenge that comes its way. Whether you’re a seasoned rider looking for your next adventure or a novice eager to hit the open road, the Himalayan offers an unparalleled experience that will leave you feeling exhilarated and empowered. From the majestic mountains to the vast plains, this bike is ready to take you on a journey of a lifetime. Join the ranks of the adventurous and discover what the Royal Enfield Himalayan has to offer.
Table of Contents
Royal Enfield Himalayan Price
The price of the Royal Enfield Himalayan can vary depending on the country and region in which it is being sold, as well as any applicable taxes or fees. In general, the Himalayan is a mid-range priced motorcycle that offers excellent value for its capabilities and features. The starting price of a new Royal Enfield Himalayan in the United States was around $4,999 USD, while in India it was around INR 2,15,881. However, it’s worth noting that prices are subject to change and may vary based on factors such as location and dealer.
Royal Enfield Himalayan Variants
- Standard: This is the base variant of the Himalayan and comes with a range of standard features such as a single-cylinder engine, a five-speed gearbox, and dual-channel ABS.
- Sleet: This variant comes with a unique camouflaged paint job and additional features such as a pannier mounting kit and engine guards.
- Granite Black: This variant features a matte black finish and comes with additional features such as a touring windscreen and aluminum panniers.
- Adventure Edition: This variant comes with a range of adventure-focused features such as a taller windscreen, an engine guard, and aluminum panniers.
- Rock Red: This variant features a vibrant red paint job and comes with additional features such as a touring windscreen and aluminum panniers.
Royal Enfield Himalayan Colors
- Granite Black: This is a matte black color that gives the bike a sleek and stylish look.
- Snow White: This is a bright white color that stands out on the road and gives the bike a classic, vintage feel.
- Sleet Grey: This is a unique camouflaged color that gives the bike a rugged and adventurous look.
- Gravel Grey: This is a metallic grey color that gives the bike a more modern and refined look.
- Lake Blue: This is a vibrant blue color that adds a pop of color to the bike and makes it stand out on the road.
Royal Enfield Himalayan Mileage
The mileage or fuel efficiency of the Royal Enfield Himalayan can vary depending on a variety of factors such as riding conditions, rider behavior, maintenance, and terrain. the Royal Enfield Himalayan had a claimed mileage of around 32-35 kmpl (kilometers per liter) depending on the market and region. However, it’s important to keep in mind that these are manufacturer claimed figures and real-world mileage may differ based on various factors.
Factors such as riding at higher speeds, aggressive acceleration, and rough terrain can affect the fuel efficiency of the Himalayan. Proper maintenance of the bike, such as regular oil changes and tire pressure checks, can also help to optimize fuel efficiency. Overall, the Himalayan is known for its decent fuel economy considering its powerful engine and rugged capabilities.
Royal Enfield Himalayan features
- Engine: The Himalayan is powered by a 411 cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that delivers a maximum power of 24.3 bhp and a peak torque of 32 Nm.
- Brakes: The bike comes with disc brakes on both the front and rear wheels, with dual-channel ABS for added safety.
- Suspension: The Himalayan is equipped with a long-travel suspension system that includes telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear, providing a comfortable ride even on rough terrain.
- Wheels and Tires: The bike features spoked wheels that are equipped with tubeless tires for added convenience and puncture resistance.
- Instrumentation: The Himalayan comes with a digital instrument cluster that displays information such as speed, fuel level, gear position, and more.
- Adventure-Focused Features: The bike comes with a range of adventure-focused features such as a windscreen, engine guards, panniers, and more, making it a great choice for long rides and off-road adventures.
- Comfortable Ergonomics: The bike features a comfortable and upright riding position that is designed to reduce rider fatigue on long journeys.
Royal Enfield Himalayan Specs
- Type: Single cylinder, air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC
- Displacement: 411 cc
- Maximum Power: 24.3 bhp @ 6,500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 32 Nm @ 4,000-4,500 rpm
- Fuel System: Electronic fuel injection
- Type: 5-speed constant mesh
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Frame: Half-duplex split cradle frame
- Front Suspension: Telescopic forks, 200 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Mono-shock, 180 mm travel
- Front Brakes: 300 mm disc, 2-piston floating caliper
- Rear Brakes: 240 mm disc, single-piston floating caliper
- ABS: Dual-channel ABS
Wheels and Tires:
- Front Wheel: 21-inch spoked wheel
- Rear Wheel: 17-inch spoked wheel
- Front Tire: 90/90-21, tubeless
- Rear Tire: 120/90-17, tubeless
- Length: 2,190 mm
- Width: 840 mm
- Height: 1,360 mm
- Seat Height: 800 mm
- Ground Clearance: 220 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,465 mm
- Fuel Capacity: 15 liters
- Kerb Weight: 199 kg
- Digital LCD instrument cluster with speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, trip meter, and more.
Royal Enfield Himalayan Competitors
- BMW G 310 GS: The BMW G 310 GS is a compact adventure motorcycle that is known for its comfortable ergonomics and versatile performance. It is powered by a 313 cc, single-cylinder engine that delivers a maximum power of 33.6 bhp and a peak torque of 28 Nm.
- KTM 390 Adventure: The KTM 390 Adventure is a sporty adventure motorcycle that is designed for riders who want a bike that is equally capable on the road and off. It is powered by a 373 cc, single-cylinder engine that delivers a maximum power of 42.3 bhp and a peak torque of 37 Nm.
- Kawasaki Versys-X 300: The Kawasaki Versys-X 300 is a lightweight adventure motorcycle that is designed for riders who want a bike that is easy to handle and versatile. It is powered by a 296 cc, parallel-twin engine that delivers a maximum power of 39 bhp and a peak torque of 26 Nm.
- Honda CB500X: The Honda CB500X is a versatile adventure motorcycle that is known for its comfortable ergonomics and smooth performance. It is powered by a 471 cc, parallel-twin engine that delivers a maximum power of 47 bhp and a peak torque of 43 Nm.
Royal Enfield Himalayan FAQs
Q: What is the price of the Royal Enfield Himalayan?
A: the price of the Royal Enfield Himalayan starts at around $4,799 in the United States.
Q: What is the mileage of the Royal Enfield Himalayan?
A: The Royal Enfield Himalayan has a claimed mileage of around 32 km/liter or 76 miles per gallon.
A: The top speed of the Royal Enfield Himalayan is around 120 km/h or 75 miles per hour.
Q: What are the color options available for the Royal Enfield Himalayan?
A: The Royal Enfield Himalayan is available in several color options, including Granite Black, Gravel Gray, Mirage Silver, Pine Green, and Lake Blue.
Q: Is the Royal Enfield Himalayan a good bike for long rides?
A: Yes, the Royal Enfield Himalayan is designed to handle long rides comfortably, with its upright riding position, comfortable seat, and long-travel suspension.
Q: Does the Royal Enfield Himalayan have ABS?
A: Yes, the Royal Enfield Himalayan comes with dual-channel ABS as standard.
Q: What type of engine does the Royal Enfield Himalayan have?
A: The Royal Enfield Himalayan is powered by a 411 cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that delivers a maximum power of 24.3 bhp and a peak torque of 32 Nm.
Q: What type of terrain is the Royal Enfield Himalayan suitable for?
A: The Royal Enfield Himalayan is designed to handle a variety of terrains, including rough roads, rocky terrain, and even some off-road conditions. It is a capable adventure motorcycle that is built to handle challenging environments.