Hi Wheelwale fans, Are you Looking at Yamaha DT 250 Price in India? You are visiting on the right page and I am covering all information you look like Yamaha DT 250 Price in India, Colors, Mileage, Top-speed, Features, Specs, and More. Check below
This article is all about the 250 segment’s bike of Yamaha dt which is no longer in production and not easily available to buy new one in India.
Table of Contents
Yamaha DT 250 Price in India
There is the only way to buy one in India is through the used market. The price of a used Yamaha dt 250 in India can vary depending on the year, condition, and location of the bike. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from ₹50,000 to ₹1,00,000 for a used Yamaha dt 250 in India.
Here are some examples of used Yamaha DT 250 prices:
- 1980 Yamaha DT 250: ₹50,000
- 1990 Yamaha DT 250: ₹75,000
- 2000 Yamaha DT 250: ₹1,00,000
If you are looking for a used Yamaha DT 250, I will recommend online classifieds websites like QuikrBikes, BikeDekho, and Olx. Otherwise the best option is to ask you local dealer to get this bike at good price.
Yamaha DT 250 Trims:
There are 5 differents varients of yamaha dt 250:
|DT 250A||Single-cylinder, air-cooled||249 cc||26 hp||100 mph|
|DT 250R||Single-cylinder, air-cooled||249 cc||26 hp||100 mph|
|DT 250E||Single-cylinder, air-cooled||249 cc||26 hp||100 mph|
|DT 250R Monoshock||Single-cylinder, air-cooled||249 cc||26 hp||100 mph|
|DT 250 Enduro||Single-cylinder, air-cooled||249 cc||26 hp||100 mph|
Yamaha DT 250 Price in All States India
here is the Yamaha DT 250 price in all states of India:
|State||On-road price (ex-showroom)|
|Andhra Pradesh||₹3.30 lakh|
|Himachal Pradesh||₹3.54 lakh|
|Jammu and Kashmir||₹3.54 lakh|
|Madhya Pradesh||₹3.30 lakh|
|Tamil Nadu||₹3.48 lakh|
|Uttar Pradesh||₹3.30 lakh|
|West Bengal||₹3.48 lakh|
Yamaha dt 250 Colors in 90’s:
|1973||Candy Red, Candy Blue, Candy Orange|
|1974||Candy Red, Candy Blue, Candy Orange, Candy Yellow|
|1975||Candy Red, Candy Blue, Candy Orange, Candy Yellow, Candy Black|
|1976||Candy Red, Candy Blue, Candy Orange, Candy Yellow, Candy Black, Candy Purple|
|1977 – 1980||Candy Red, Candy Blue, Candy Orange|
|1981 – 1982||Candy Red, Candy Blue|
Yamaha DT 250 Mileage
The Yamaha DT 250 has a fuel economy of about 40 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway and 30 mpg in the city. This means that the bike can travel about 240 miles on a full tank of gas. However, the actual mileage you get will vary depending on riding style and the condition of the bike.
Yamaha DT 250 Top speed
The Yamaha DT 250 is a dual-sport bike, which means that it is designed to be ridden on both on-road and off-road terrain. As such, it is not as fast as some other sports bikes, but it is still capable of reaching speeds of over 60 mph.
Yamaha DT 250 Features
It is a two-stroke dual-purpose motorcycle that was produced from 1971 to 2002. It was known for its lightweight, agile handling, and simple, reliable design.
Here are some of the key features of the Yamaha DT 250:
- Air-cooled, two-stroke, single-cylinder engine: The DT 250’s engine is a simple, reliable design that is easy to maintain. It produces around 17 horsepower and 17.5Nm of torque
- 5-speed transmission: It has a 5-speed transmission that provides good gearing for both on-road and off-road riding.
- Cradle frame: The DT 250’s frame is a lightweight, double-cradle design that provides good handling and stability.
- Suspension: The DT 250 has a telescopic fork up front and a swingarm with twin shocks in the rear. The suspension is tuned for off-road riding.
- Brakes: The DT 250 has drum brakes front and rear. They are not the most powerful brakes, but they are adequate for off-road riding.
It is a good choice for riders who are looking for a lightweight, reliable, and affordable dual-purpose motorcycle.
Here are some additional features of the Yamaha DT 250:
- Folding footpegs: The DT 250’s footpegs fold up to prevent them from getting damaged when riding off-road.
- Skid plate: The DT 250 has an aluminum skid plate to protect the engine and other vital components from damage when riding off-road.
- High ground clearance: The DT 250 has a high ground clearance of 255mm, which allows it to clear obstacles when riding off-road.
- Lightweight: The DT 250 weighs just 131kg, which makes it easy to maneuver both on and off-road.
The Yamaha DT 250 is a popular choice among enthusiasts and collectors. It is a well-built motorcycle with a simple, reliable design.
Here are some things to keep in mind when buying a used Yamaha DT 250:
- Get the bike inspected by a mechanic before you buy it.
- Make sure the bike has a clear title.
- Ask about the bike’s maintenance history.
- Negotiate the price of the bike.
Yamaha DT 250 Specs:
Some of the specifications of the Yamaha DT 250:
- Engine: Single-cylinder, air-cooled, two-stroke
- Displacement: 246 cc
- Horsepower: 17 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- Torque: 17.5 Nm @ 5,000 rpm
- Transmission: 5-speed manual
- Fuel capacity: 8.5 liters
- Wheelbase: 1,420 mm
- Length: 2,185 mm
- Width: 870 mm
- Seat height: 856 mm
- Ground clearance: 255 mm
- Wet weight: 131 kg
The Yamaha DT 250 was produced from 1973 to 2003. It was a popular dual-sport bike that was known for its reliability, versatility, and fun-to-ride character. The DT 250 was discontinued in 2003, but it remains a popular choice for used bike buyers.
Here are some additional specifications of the Yamaha DT 250:
- Suspension: Front: 35 mm telescopic forks, Rear: Monoshock
- Brakes: Front: 260 mm disc, Rear: 200 mm drum
- Tires: Front: 3.00-21, Rear: 4.00-18
- Color: Candy Red, Candy Blue, Candy Orange
Yamaha DT 250 Competitors
|Yamaha XT250||Single-cylinder, air-cooled||249 cc||26 hp||100 mph|
|Kawasaki KLX250||Single-cylinder, liquid-cooled||249 cc||24 hp||95 mph|
|Suzuki DR250S||Single-cylinder, air-cooled||249 cc||22 hp||90 mph|
|Honda CRF250L||Single-cylinder, liquid-cooled||249 cc||24 hp||90 mph|
|Beta Xtrainer 250||Single-cylinder, liquid-cooled||249 cc||30 hp||100 mph|
Yamaha DT 250 Pros and Cons
- Affordable: You can find used Yamaha DT 250s for a reasonable price.
- Good gas mileage: The Yamaha DT 250 gets good gas mileage, so it’s a great way to save money on gas.
- Easy to learn on: The Yamaha DT 250 is a great bike for learning how to ride off-road. It’s not too powerful, so it’s easy to control, and it’s tough enough to handle the abuse of off-road riding.
- Underpowered engine: The Yamaha DT 250’s engine is a bit underpowered for highway riding. This can make it difficult to keep up with traffic on the highway.
- Stiff suspension: The Yamaha DT 250’s suspension can be a bit stiff on long rides, especially on rough roads. This can be uncomfortable for some riders.
- Heavy: The Yamaha DT 250 is a bit heavy, which can make it difficult to maneuver in tight spaces.
Why it is Worth to Buy:
- Reliable and easy to maintain. It is a very reliable bike that is easy to maintain. This makes it a great choice for first-time riders or people who don’t have a lot of experience working on motorcycles.
- Versatile. It is a dual-sport bike, which means that it can be ridden on both on-road and off-road terrain. This makes it a great choice for people who want a bike that they can use for commuting, trail riding, or even light off-road racing.
- Fun to ride. It is a lot of fun to ride. It has a light and nimble handling, which makes it easy to maneuver in tight spaces. It also has a powerful engine that can provide plenty of excitement on the open road.
Yamaha DT 250 Reviews:
Overall review of the Yamaha DT 250 in stars:
Engine: 4/5 stars
The Yamaha DT 250 is powered by a single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that produces 26 horsepower. This engine is reliable and easy to maintain, but it is a bit underpowered for highway riding.
Suspension: 3/5 stars
The Yamaha DT 250 has a dual-sport suspension that is good for both on-road and off-road riding. However, the suspension can be a bit stiff on long rides, especially on rough roads.
Handling: 4/5 stars
The Yamaha DT 250 is a light and nimble bike that is easy to maneuver in tight spaces. It is also a good off-road bike, thanks to its long-travel suspension and knobby tires.
Comfort: 3/5 stars
The Yamaha DT 250 is not the most comfortable bike on long rides. The seat is a bit hard, and the suspension can be a bit stiff. However, the bike is not uncomfortable, and it is definitely better than some other dual-sport bikes on the market.
Overall: 4/5 stars
check this out to get full image of bike…
- What is the top speed of the DT250?
The top speed of the DT250 is about 68 mph. This is a bit slow for a dual-sport bike, but it is still plenty fast for most trail riding.
- What is the fuel economy of the DT250?
The fuel economy of the DT250 is about 40 mpg on the highway and 30 mpg in the city. This is a good fuel economy for a dual-sport bike.
- What is the maintenance schedule for the DT250?
The maintenance schedule for the DT250 is relatively simple. You should change the oil every 3,000 miles and the air filter every 12,000 miles. You should also check the valves every 12,000 miles.
If you are looking for a versatile and affordable dual-purpose motorcycle, the Yamaha DT 250 is a good option to consider. Not only because of its price ,it has several interesting features which attracts the most and specially people of 90s know the value of yamaha dt 250 and its sounds with amazing power