The price of Bajaj Platina 100 in India starts at ₹65,952.
Table of Contents
Bajaj Platina 100 Price in India With Variants
|Variant||On-Road Price (₹)|
|Platina 100 ES Drum||65,952|
Bajaj Platina 100 Prices in All States of India
|State||On-Road Price (₹)|
|Jammu and Kashmir||68,129|
Bajaj Platina 100 Launch Date in India
The Bajaj Platina 100 was launched in India in April 2006 at an ex-showroom price of Rs 35,000. It quickly became a popular motorcycle, crossing sales of 500,000 units within eight months of its launch. The Platina 100 is still a popular choice for budget-minded buyers in India.
Bajaj Platina 100 Colors
|Ebony Black||A deep, rich black that is perfect for riders who want a classic look.|
|Black||A versatile color that can be dressed up or down.|
|Cocktail Wine Red||A bold and stylish color that is sure to turn heads.|
|White||A fresh and clean color that is perfect for riders who want a bright and airy look.|
Bajaj Platina 100 Mileage
|Riding Condition||Fuel Efficiency (km/l)|
Bajaj Platina 100 Top-Speed
|Variant||Top Speed (km/h)|
|Platina 100 ES Drum||90|
Bajaj Platina 100 Specs
|Engine Type||4-Stroke, DTS-i, Single Cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||47 mm × 58.8 mm|
|Max Power||7.79 bhp @ 7500 rpm|
|Max Torque||8.34 Nm @ 5500 rpm|
|Transmission||4 Speed Manual|
|Gear Shifting Pattern||All 4 Down|
|Fuel Delivery System||Fuel Injection|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||11 liters|
|Reserve Fuel Capacity||2 liters|
|Front Suspension||Hydraulic, Telescopic Type, 135mm travel|
|Rear Suspension||110 mm, Spring in Spring Suspension|
|Front Tyre Size||2.75 x 17|
|Rear Tyre Size||3.00 x 17|
|Brakes||Drum (Front & Rear)|
|Ground Clearance||163 mm|
Bajaj Platina 100 Engine
|Engine Type||Single-cylinder, air-cooled|
|Max Power||7.9 PS @ 7500 rpm|
|Max Torque||8.3 Nm @ 5500 rpm|
|Valve Arrangement||OHV (Overhead Valve)|
|Ignition||CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition)|
|Starting||Electric and Kickstart|
|Emission Control||BS6 (Bharat Stage 6)|
Bajaj Platina 100 Gearbox
|Type||All 4 Down|
|Number of Gears||4|
|Gear Ratio||1st: 3.375|
|Gear Shifting Pattern||1-N-2-3-4|
|Gearbox Type||Constant Mesh|
|Gearbox Capacity||0.8 liters|
|Gearbox Oil Grade||SAE 20W-50|
|Gearbox Oil Change Interval||Every 2,000 km or 3 months|
Bajaj Platina 100 Brakes and Tyres
|Front Brake Type||Drum|
|Front Brake Diameter||130mm|
|Rear Brake Type||Drum|
|Rear Brake Diameter||110mm|
|Tyre Type||Tube Type|
|Front Tyre Size||2.75-17|
|Rear Tyre Size||3.00-17|
Bajaj Platina 100 Suspension and Chasis
|Front Suspension Travel||135mm|
|Rear Suspension||Spring in Spring Suspension|
|Rear Suspension Travel||110mm|
|Chassis Type||Tubular Single Down Tube with Lower Cradle Frame|
|Ground Clearance||200 mm|
|Kerb Weight||117 kg|
Bajaj Platina 100 Dimensions and Weight
|Ground Clearance||163 mm|
|Kerb Weight||117 kg|
|Seat Height||807 mm|
Bajaj Platina 100 Instrument Console Features
|Low Fuel Warning Light||Yes|
|Turn Signal Indicators||Yes|
|High Beam Indicator||Yes|
Bajaj Platina 100 Battery And Lighting
|Instrument Console Illumination||LED|
Bajaj Platina 100 Comfort Features
|Long travel front forks||Absorbs bumps and vibrations for a smoother ride|
|Spring-in-spring rear suspension||Ensures a comfortable ride even on rough roads|
|Soft seat cushion||Provides ample support and comfort for long rides|
|Rubber footpads||Reduce vibration and fatigue|
|Relaxed riding posture||Minimizes back strain and fatigue|
|Wide handlebars||Provide a comfortable grip and easy control|
|Ample legroom and foot space||Allows for comfortable riding even for taller riders|
|Pillion seat with backrest||Provides additional support and comfort for the pillion rider|
|Large fuel tank||Allows for longer rides without frequent refueling|
|Underseat storage compartment||Provides convenient storage for small items|
|Electric start||Eliminates the need for kickstarting, especially in hot or cold weather|
|Alloy wheels||Lighter than spoked wheels, providing better handling and reducing unsprung weight|
Detailed Comparison of the Bajaj Platina 100 And its Competitors
|Feature||Bajaj Platina 100||Hero Splendor Plus||TVS Sport|
|Engine Type||Single-cylinder, air-cooled||Single-cylinder, air-cooled||Single-cylinder, air-cooled|
|Max Power||7.9 PS @ 7500 rpm||8.02 PS @ 8000 rpm||9.1 PS @ 7500 rpm|
|Max Torque||8.3 Nm @ 5500 rpm||8.05 Nm @ 5000 rpm||9.4 Nm @ 6000 rpm|
|Mileage (claimed)||70 kmpl||95.8 kmpl||70 kmpl|
|Top Speed||90 kmph||85 kmph||100 kmph|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||11 liters||9 liters||10 liters|
|Seat Height||807 mm||800 mm||790 mm|
|Ground Clearance||163 mm||163 mm||180 mm|
|Kerb Weight||117 kg||117 kg||110 kg|
|Starting||Electric and Kickstart||Electric and Kickstart||Electric and Kickstart|
|Price||₹67,808 (ex-showroom)||₹74,491 (ex-showroom)||₹62,999 (ex-showroom)|
Bajaj Platina 100 Pros and Cons
|Excellent fuel efficiency||Relatively basic features|
|Comfortable ride||Not very powerful|
|Affordable price||Not very sporty|
|Reliable engine||Not very stylish|
|Low maintenance costs||Suspension can be a bit stiff|
|Good after-sales service||Limited storage space|
Why Should You Buy a Bajaj Platina 100?
There are many reasons to buy a Bajaj Platina 100. Here are some of the most compelling reasons:
1. Fuel Efficiency: The Bajaj Platina 100 is one of the most fuel-efficient motorcycles in its class. It can achieve up to 70 kmpl in city conditions and up to 85 kmpl on the highway. This makes it a great choice for budget-minded riders who are looking to save money on fuel.
2. Comfort: The Bajaj Platina 100 has a comfortable ride thanks to its long travel front forks and spring-in-spring rear suspension. It also has a soft seat cushion and rubber footpads to reduce vibration and fatigue. This makes it a great choice for riders who are looking for a comfortable motorcycle for everyday commuting or long rides.
3. Affordability: The Bajaj Platina 100 is one of the most affordable motorcycles in its class. It is priced at just ₹67,808 (ex-showroom). This makes it a great choice for riders who are on a budget.
4. Reliability: The Bajaj Platina 100 has a reliable engine that is known for its durability and low maintenance costs. It has been around for many years and has a proven track record. This makes it a great choice for riders who are looking for a motorcycle that they can rely on.
5. Low Maintenance Costs: The Bajaj Platina 100 is very easy to maintain. It has a simple design and uses readily available parts. This makes it a great choice for riders who are looking for a motorcycle that is inexpensive to maintain.
6. Good After-Sales Service: Bajaj has a wide network of dealerships and service centers across India. This means that you will always be able to find help if you need it.
7. Features: The Bajaj Platina 100 comes with a number of features that make it a great value for money. These include an electric starter, alloy wheels, a digital speedometer, and a fuel injection system.
8. Versatility: The Bajaj Platina 100 is a versatile motorcycle that can be used for a variety of purposes. It is a great choice for everyday commuting, long rides, and even off-road riding.
9. User-Friendly: The Bajaj Platina 100 is a very user-friendly motorcycle. It is easy to ride and operate, even for beginners.
10. Style: The Bajaj Platina 100 has a classic and stylish design that is sure to turn heads.
- 2024 Nissan Ariya Nismo Price in India, Colors, Mileage, Top-Speed, Features, Specs, And Competitors
- 2025 GMC Yukon XL Price in India, Colors, Mileage, Top-Speed, Features, Specs, And Competitors
Bajaj Platina 100 Reviews and Ratings
|BikeWale||4.2 out of 5 stars||Users praise the Platina 100 for its excellent fuel efficiency, comfortable ride, and affordable price.|
|ZigWheels||4.1 out of 5 stars||Users appreciate the Platina 100’s low maintenance costs, reliable engine, and easy handling.|
|BikeDekho||4.3 out of 5 stars||Users admire the Platina 100’s spacious seating, ample legroom, and smooth performance.|
|MouthShut||4 out of 5 stars||Users commend the Platina 100’s user-friendliness, stylish design, and overall value for money.|
|IndianAutoBlog||4.2 out of 5 stars||Users applaud the Platina 100’s versatility for city commuting, long rides, and even light off-roading.|
Bajaj Platina 100 FAQs
What is the price of the Bajaj Platina 100?
- The price of the Bajaj Platina 100 starts at ₹67,808 (ex-showroom).
What is the mileage of the Bajaj Platina 100?
- The claimed mileage of the Bajaj Platina 100 is up to 70 kmpl in city conditions and up to 85 kmpl on the highway.
What is the top speed of the Bajaj Platina 100?
- The top speed of the Bajaj Platina 100 is around 90 kmph.
What is the engine type and displacement of the Bajaj Platina 100?
- The Bajaj Platina 100 has a single-cylinder, air-cooled engine with a displacement of 102cc.
What is the power and torque output of the Bajaj Platina 100?
- The Bajaj Platina 100 produces a maximum power output of 7.9 PS at 7500 rpm and a maximum torque output of 8.3 Nm at 5500 rpm.
Does the Bajaj Platina 100 have an electric starter?
- Yes, the Bajaj Platina 100 comes with an electric starter.
Does the Bajaj Platina 100 have alloy wheels?
- Yes, the Bajaj Platina 100 comes with alloy wheels.
Does the Bajaj Platina 100 have a digital speedometer?
- Yes, the Bajaj Platina 100 comes with a digital speedometer.
Does the Bajaj Platina 100 have a fuel injection system?
- Yes, the Bajaj Platina 100 comes with a fuel injection system.
Does the Bajaj Platina 100 have ABS brakes?
- No, the Bajaj Platina 100 does not come with ABS brakes. It has drum brakes at both the front and rear wheels.
What is the service interval for the Bajaj Platina 100?
- The service interval for the Bajaj Platina 100 is every 5000 km or 6 months, whichever comes first.
What are the maintenance costs of the Bajaj Platina 100?
- The maintenance costs of the Bajaj Platina 100 are relatively low. A regular service typically costs around ₹500-₹1000.
Is the Bajaj Platina 100 a good bike for city commuting?
- Yes, the Bajaj Platina 100 is a good bike for city commuting. It is fuel-efficient, comfortable, and easy to handle in traffic.
Is the Bajaj Platina 100 a good bike for long rides?
- Yes, the Bajaj Platina 100 is also a good bike for long rides. It is comfortable and has a good fuel range.
Is the Bajaj Platina 100 a good bike for off-road riding?
- The Bajaj Platina 100 is not a dedicated off-road bike, but it can handle light off-roading conditions.