Looking for a powerful and stylish scooter? Check out the Honda Vario 150. With its liquid-cooled engine, automatic CVT gearbox, and advanced features like LED lighting and a fully digital instrument panel, it’s a great choice for city riding. Find out more about its specs, features, and competitors in our comprehensive guide.
The Honda Vario 150 is a popular scooter model produced by the Japanese automaker Honda. It was first introduced in 2015 and has since gained a reputation for being a stylish and reliable scooter.
The Vario 150 is powered by a liquid-cooled 149cc engine that delivers a maximum power output of 13.1 horsepower and 12.8 Nm of torque. It is equipped with Honda’s Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) system, which improves fuel efficiency and reduces emissions.
The scooter also features a modern and sleek design, with LED headlights, taillights, and turn signals. It has a spacious under-seat storage compartment, a digital instrument cluster, and a smart key system.
In addition, the Vario 150 has a range of safety features, including an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and a Combi Brake System (CBS), which enhances braking performance and stability.
Overall, the Honda Vario 150 is a well-rounded and versatile scooter that offers a comfortable ride, fuel efficiency, and modern features. It is a popular choice among urban commuters and scooter enthusiasts alike.
Table of Contents
Honda Vario 150 Price
The price of the Honda Vario 150 can vary depending on the country and the dealership where it is being sold. Additionally, the price may also depend on whether the scooter is a new or used model, as well as any additional features or accessories that may be included.
The price of a brand new Honda Vario 150 in Indonesia, for example, ranged from approximately 23 million to 25 million Indonesian Rupiah (IDR). In the Philippines, the price ranged from approximately 76,900 to 79,900 Philippine Pesos (PHP). However, prices may have changed since then due to various factors such as inflation and changes in supply and demand. It is best to check with your local Honda dealership for the most up-to-date pricing information.
Honda Vario 150 variants
The Honda Vario 150 is available in several variants, which may differ in features, design, or technology depending on the country or region where it is sold. Some of the common variants of the Honda Vario 150 include:
- Standard: This is the base model of the Vario 150, which comes with standard features and technology.
- CBS (Combi Brake System): This variant of the Vario 150 is equipped with Honda’s Combi Brake System (CBS), which helps improve braking performance and stability.
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System): The Vario 150 ABS variant is equipped with Honda’s Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), which helps prevent wheel lockup during hard braking.
- Sporty: This variant of the Vario 150 has a more aggressive and sporty design, with a sporty windshield, black alloy wheels, and a red seat.
- Exclusive: The Vario 150 Exclusive variant comes with added features such as a front pocket, smartphone charging socket, and a key shutter system.
Honda Vario 150 colors
The available colors of the Honda Vario 150 may vary depending on the country and region where it is sold. However, some of the common colors that the Vario 150 is available in include:
- Matte Brown Metallic
- Matte Gray Metallic
- Matte Black Metallic
- Pearl White
- Pearl Red
- Matte Blue
It is important to note that availability of colors may vary by location and dealership. It is best to check with your local Honda dealership to confirm the available color options for the Honda Vario 150 in your area.
Honda Vario 150 Features
The Honda Vario 150 has several standout features that make it a popular and reliable scooter choice. Here are some of its key features:
- Single-cylinder engine with liquid cooling: The Vario 150 is equipped with a single-cylinder engine that is liquid-cooled, which helps improve engine performance and fuel efficiency.
- Four-stroke 2-valve engine: The Vario 150 has a four-stroke, 2-valve engine that delivers a maximum power output of 13.1 horsepower and 12.8 Nm of torque.
- Automatic CVT gearbox: The Vario 150 comes with an automatic Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) gearbox, which allows for smooth and seamless gear changes.
- Programmed fuel injection: The Vario 150 is equipped with Honda’s Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system, which helps improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
- Automatic centrifugal dry clutch: The Vario 150 has an automatic centrifugal dry clutch, which provides smooth and responsive acceleration.
- Underbone type chassis: The Vario 150 has an underbone type chassis, which provides better stability and handling.
- Telescopic front forks: The scooter is equipped with telescopic front forks, which help absorb shocks and provide a comfortable ride.
- Unit swing arm rear suspension: The Vario 150 has a unit swing arm rear suspension, which helps improve stability and handling.
- Hydraulic front disc brakes: The scooter has hydraulic front disc brakes, which provide excellent stopping power.
- Combined braking system: The Vario 150 comes with Honda’s Combined Braking System (CBS), which helps improve braking performance and stability.
- Fully digital speedometer: The scooter has a fully digital speedometer, which provides clear and easy-to-read information about speed, fuel level, and other important indicators.
- LED headlight and daytime running lamps: The Vario 150 is equipped with LED headlights and daytime running lamps, which provide excellent visibility and improve safety.
- Anti-theft alarm: The scooter comes with an anti-theft alarm, which helps deter theft and improve security.
Honda Vario 150 Specs
Here are the complete specifications for the Honda Vario 150:
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve
- Displacement: 149.3 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 57.3 mm x 57.9 mm
- Maximum Power Output: 13.1 hp (9.7 kW) @ 8,500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 12.8 Nm @ 5,000 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
- Fuel System: PGM-FI (Programmed Fuel Injection)
- Starter: Electric
- Type: V-Matic automatic transmission
- Clutch Type: Automatic centrifugal dry clutch
- Type: Underbone
- Front Suspension: Telescopic fork
- Rear Suspension: Unit swingarm
- Front Brake: Hydraulic disc brake
- Rear Brake: Mechanical drum brake
- Front Tire: 90/80-14M/C 43P
- Rear Tire: 100/80-14M/C 48P
- Length x Width x Height: 1,923 mm x 679 mm x 1,106 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,313 mm
- Seat Height: 790 mm
- Ground Clearance: 135 mm
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 liters
- Kerb Weight: 110 kg
- Headlight: LED
- Taillight: LED
- Speedometer: Fully digital
- Anti-theft Alarm: Standard
- Combined Braking System (CBS)
- Smart Key System (for Exclusive variant)
- Idle Stop System (for ABS variant)
- Side Stand Switch (for CBS and Exclusive variants)
Honda Vario 150 Competitors
The Honda Vario 150 competes in the mid-size scooter segment, where there are several other models available from various manufacturers. Some of the main competitors of the Honda Vario 150 include:
- Yamaha NMAX: The Yamaha NMAX is a popular scooter that also has a 155 cc liquid-cooled engine, CVT gearbox, and underbone chassis. It also features a fully digital instrument panel, LED lighting, and disc brakes.
- Suzuki Burgman Street: The Suzuki Burgman Street is another mid-size scooter that features a 125 cc engine, CVT gearbox, and telescopic front forks. It also has LED lighting, a fully digital instrument panel, and disc brakes.
- TVS NTorq 125: The TVS NTorq 125 is a sporty scooter that features a 125 cc engine, CVT gearbox, and telescopic front forks. It has a fully digital instrument panel, LED lighting, and disc brakes, and also comes with Bluetooth connectivity and smartphone integration.
- Kymco Like 150i: The Kymco Like 150i is a stylish scooter that features a 150 cc engine, CVT gearbox, and telescopic front forks. It has LED lighting, disc brakes, and a fully digital instrument panel.
- Vespa S 125: The Vespa S 125 is a premium scooter that features a 125 cc engine, CVT gearbox, and telescopic front forks. It has retro styling, LED lighting, disc brakes, and a fully digital instrument panel.
In conclusion, the Honda Vario 150 is a powerful and stylish scooter that offers a great balance of performance, comfort, and convenience. Its liquid-cooled 150 cc engine, automatic CVT gearbox, and underbone chassis make it a great choice for city riding, while its fully digital instrument panel, LED lighting, and combined braking system offer modern and advanced features. The Vario 150 also comes with a range of safety features, including an anti-theft alarm and smart key system, making it a reliable and secure option for riders. Overall, the Honda Vario 150 is a top contender in the mid-size scooter segment and a great choice for anyone looking for a stylish and practical urban ride.
- 2023 Yamaha R15 V5 Price, Launch Date, Impressive Specs, and Surprising Mileage!
- 2023 Royal Enfield Continental GT 350 – Price, Specs, and Mileage Revealed!
Honda Vario 150 FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Honda Vario 150:
- What is the price of the Honda Vario 150?
- The price of the Honda Vario 150 varies by location and trim level, but it typically ranges from around $2,500 to $3,000 USD.
- What is the fuel economy of the Honda Vario 150?
- The Honda Vario 150 has an estimated fuel economy of around 47 km/liter or 110 mpg, depending on riding conditions and riding style.
- What type of fuel does the Honda Vario 150 use?
- The Honda Vario 150 uses gasoline as fuel and has a fuel tank capacity of 5.5 liters.
- Is the Honda Vario 150 easy to ride?
- Yes, the Honda Vario 150 is easy to ride, thanks to its automatic CVT gearbox and lightweight design. It is also equipped with advanced features such as a combined braking system and a fully digital instrument panel, making it a great option for both new and experienced riders.
- What are some of the key features of the Honda Vario 150?
- Some of the key features of the Honda Vario 150 include a liquid-cooled 150 cc engine, automatic CVT gearbox, underbone chassis, telescopic front forks, unit swing arm rear suspension, hydraulic disc brakes, LED lighting, fully digital instrument panel, and anti-theft alarm.