The Suzuki Hayabusa is a sport motorcycle produced by Suzuki Motor Corporation since 1999. Its name comes from the Japanese word for peregrine falcon, known for its high speed and agility. The Hayabusa is known for its high performance and top speed capabilities, making it a popular choice among motorcycle enthusiasts.
The first generation of the Hayabusa was introduced in 1999 with a 1,299cc engine, making it the fastest production motorcycle in the world at the time. It remained in production until 2007 when it was replaced by the second generation Hayabusa. The second generation Hayabusa featured a redesigned engine, frame, and bodywork, as well as updated electronics and brakes.
Suzuki announced that they would be discontinuing the Hayabusa due to tightening emissions regulations in Europe and other markets. However, the company has hinted that a successor to the Hayabusa may be in the works.
Table of Contents
Suzuki Hayabusa Price
In the USA, the Suzuki Hayabusa was priced around $14,799 to $18,599 USD. It’s worth mentioning that pricing may differ for different variants or special editions of the motorcycle.
In India, the Hayabusa was available at a higher price due to import duties and taxes. The price of the Hayabusa in India was approximately INR 16 lakhs to INR 18 lakhs. Again, prices may vary depending on the specific variant and location.
Suzuki Hayabusa varinats
The Suzuki Hayabusa has undergone several updates and variations since its introduction in 1999. Here are some of the notable variants and generations of the Suzuki Hayabusa:
- First Generation (1999-2007): The initial version of the Hayabusa featured a 1,299cc engine and set the benchmark for high-speed motorcycles. It gained popularity for its aerodynamic design and impressive top speed capabilities.
- Second Generation (2008-2021): The second-generation Hayabusa received various updates, including redesigned bodywork, improved engine performance, and enhanced electronics. It featured a 1,340cc engine and continued to be a high-performance motorcycle.
- Limited Editions: Throughout its production, Suzuki released limited-edition versions of the Hayabusa with unique color schemes or additional features. These special editions often had cosmetic enhancements or special badges to distinguish them from the standard models.
Suzuki Hayabusa Colors
- Metallic Thunder Gray / Glass Sparkle Black
- Glass Sparkle Black / Candy Daring Red
- Pearl Vigor Blue / Glass Sparkle Black
- Pearl Mirage White / Glass Sparkle Black
- Metallic Oort Gray No. 3 / Glass Sparkle Black
- Candy Daring Red / Glass Sparkle Black
- Pearl Bracing White
Suzuki Hayabusa Mileage
The Suzuki Hayabusa’s mileage can range from around 15 to 20 miles per gallon (6.4 to 8.5 kilometers per liter) in typical riding conditions. However, it’s important to note that these figures are approximate and can vary based on several factors, including the rider’s behavior and the type of roads on which the motorcycle is ridden.
Suzuki Hayabusa Features
- Engine: The Hayabusa is powered by a large-displacement engine, typically around 1,340cc, offering a combination of power and torque for exhilarating acceleration and top speed.
- Aerodynamic Design: The Hayabusa features a sleek and aerodynamic design aimed at reducing drag and improving stability at high speeds. It often includes a distinctive dual-headlamp front fairing.
- Advanced Electronics: Modern iterations of the Hayabusa come equipped with advanced electronic systems to enhance performance and safety. This can include features like multiple riding modes, traction control, ABS (anti-lock braking system), and launch control.
- Suspension: The Hayabusa typically features a high-quality suspension system, including adjustable front forks and rear shock absorbers, allowing riders to fine-tune the bike’s handling and ride comfort.
- Brakes: The Hayabusa is equipped with powerful braking systems, often with large-diameter disc brakes and radial-mounted calipers, providing reliable stopping power.
- Instrument Cluster: The motorcycle usually includes a digital instrument cluster that provides information such as speed, RPM, fuel level, gear position, and other essential data.
- Riding Ergonomics: The Hayabusa is designed to provide a balance between sporty riding dynamics and rider comfort. It often features a relatively upright seating position, allowing for long-distance riding without excessive strain.
- Exhaust System: The Hayabusa typically comes with a sporty and tuned exhaust system that not only enhances performance but also produces a distinctive exhaust note.
Suzuki Hayabusa Specs
- Type: Four-stroke, inline-four
- Displacement: 1,340cc
- Bore x Stroke: 81.0mm x 65.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Fuel System: Fuel injection
- Maximum Power: Around 197 horsepower (147 kW) at the crankshaft
- Maximum Torque: Around 115 lb-ft (155 Nm) at the crankshaft
- Top Speed: Electronically limited to around 186 mph (299 km/h)
- Acceleration: Capable of achieving 0-60 mph (0-97 km/h) in under 3 seconds
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain drive
- Frame: Twin-spar aluminum frame
- Suspension: Inverted telescopic front forks (adjustable) and rear link-type suspension (adjustable)
- Brakes: Dual disc front brakes with radial-mounted calipers, single disc rear brake
- ABS: Available (depending on model and region)
- Overall Length: Around 86.2 inches (2,190 mm)
- Overall Width: Around 29.1 inches (740 mm)
- Overall Height: Around 45.9 inches (1,165 mm)
- Seat Height: Around 31.5 inches (800 mm)
- Wheelbase: Around 58.3 inches (1,480 mm)
- Curb Weight: Around 586 lbs (266 kg)
Suzuki Hayabusa Competitors
- Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R: The ZX-14R is Kawasaki’s flagship sportbike and a direct competitor to the Hayabusa. It features a 1,441cc engine, advanced electronics, and a sleek aerodynamic design.
- BMW S 1000 RR: The BMW S 1000 RR is a high-performance sportbike known for its powerful engine, advanced electronics, and precise handling. It offers a range of innovative features and technologies.
- Ducati Panigale V4: Ducati’s Panigale V4 series is renowned for its superbike performance. With a V4 engine, advanced electronics, and aggressive styling, it delivers exhilarating speed and handling capabilities.
- Yamaha YZF-R1: The Yamaha YZF-R1 is a popular choice among sportbike enthusiasts. It boasts a powerful engine, advanced electronics, and race-inspired technology for track performance and street riding.
- Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade: Honda’s flagship sportbike, the CBR1000RR-R Fireblade, is known for its impressive performance, aerodynamic design, and advanced electronics. It’s designed to deliver track-ready performance.
- Aprilia RSV4: The Aprilia RSV4 is a high-performance sportbike renowned for its powerful V4 engine, advanced electronics, and exceptional handling characteristics. It’s a favorite among riders seeking a thrilling and agile riding experience.
Suzuki Hayabusa Review
- Performance: The Hayabusa is known for its exceptional performance. With a powerful engine, it delivers strong acceleration and impressive top speed capabilities. The motorcycle’s handling is stable and predictable, making it suitable for both spirited riding and long-distance touring.
- Design: The Hayabusa has a distinctive and aggressive design that stands out on the road. Its aerodynamic fairings, twin headlights, and sleek lines contribute to its sporty appearance. The overall design has evolved over the years, but it retains its iconic Hayabusa identity.
- Comfort: Despite its sporty nature, the Hayabusa offers a comfortable riding experience. The seating position is relatively upright, reducing strain on the rider’s wrists and back during longer rides. The motorcycle also features a well-padded seat and adequate wind protection, enhancing rider comfort during highway cruising.
- Features: The Hayabusa has seen updates in its electronics and features over the years. Depending on the model year, it may come equipped with advanced electronics such as multiple riding modes, traction control, and ABS, enhancing both performance and safety.
- Reliability: Suzuki has a reputation for producing reliable motorcycles, and the Hayabusa is no exception. With proper maintenance and care, the Hayabusa is known to offer longevity and durability, making it a dependable choice for riders.
- Fuel Efficiency: Given its powerful engine and focus on performance, the Hayabusa’s fuel efficiency is relatively modest. It’s important to consider that the trade-off for high performance often results in lower fuel efficiency compared to smaller, more economical motorcycles.
How to Book online Suzuki Hayabusa?
To book a Suzuki Hayabusa online, you can follow these general steps:
- Research: Visit the official website of Suzuki Motorcycles or authorized Suzuki dealers in your region to gather information about the Hayabusa, including its available variants, pricing, and specifications. Ensure that the Hayabusa is currently in production and available for purchase in your country.
- Configurator: If Suzuki provides an online configurator, use it to customize your Hayabusa with options such as color choice or additional accessories. This step may not be available in all regions or for all models.
- Contact Dealers: Use the website’s dealer locator to find authorized Suzuki dealerships near your location. Get in touch with them via phone, email, or by visiting their showroom to inquire about the availability and booking process for the Hayabusa.
- Booking Process: Once you’ve connected with a dealership, they will guide you through the booking process. They may request your personal details, including your name, contact information, and sometimes a booking fee or down payment to secure your order.
- Documentation: Prepare the necessary documents required for the booking process, such as identification proof, address proof, and any other documents requested by the dealership. Ensure that you have the required documents readily available.
- Payment: The dealership will provide you with information on the payment options and the amount required for booking the Hayabusa. You may need to pay a booking fee or a specified down payment amount, depending on the dealership’s policies.
- Confirmation: After completing the booking process and making the necessary payment, the dealership will provide you with a booking confirmation. It may include details such as the estimated delivery timeline, order number, and any other relevant information.
- Follow-up: Stay in touch with the dealership to get updates on the status of your booking, including the production and delivery timelines. They will keep you informed about the next steps, such as arranging for final payment, financing options, or delivery arrangements.
Suzuki Hayabusa FAQs
Q: When was the Suzuki Hayabusa first introduced?
A: The Suzuki Hayabusa was first introduced in 1999.
Q: What is the top speed of the Suzuki Hayabusa?
A: The top speed of the Suzuki Hayabusa is electronically limited to around 186 mph (299 km/h). However, with modifications and under controlled conditions, it has been known to achieve higher speeds.
Q: What is the engine displacement of the Suzuki Hayabusa?
A: The Suzuki Hayabusa typically has a 1,340cc (or 1.3-liter) engine.
Q: Is the Suzuki Hayabusa still in production?
A: The third-generation Suzuki Hayabusa (2013-2021) was still in production. However, it’s worth noting that Suzuki has announced the discontinuation of the third-generation Hayabusa due to emissions regulations. There may be future versions or successors of the Hayabusa.
Q: Does the Suzuki Hayabusa come with ABS?
A: Yes, depending on the specific model and region, the Suzuki Hayabusa may come equipped with ABS (anti-lock braking system) as a standard or optional feature.
Q: What is the fuel tank capacity of the Suzuki Hayabusa?
A: The fuel tank capacity of the Suzuki Hayabusa is typically around 20 liters (5.3 gallons).
Q: Can the Suzuki Hayabusa be ridden comfortably for long distances?
A: While the Suzuki Hayabusa is primarily designed for high-performance sport riding, it does offer a relatively upright seating position and reasonable comfort for long-distance riding. However, individual preferences and riding styles may vary, so it’s recommended to test ride the motorcycle and evaluate its comfort for yourself.
Q: Is the Suzuki Hayabusa suitable for beginner riders?
A: The Suzuki Hayabusa is a high-performance motorcycle with significant power and speed capabilities. It is generally not recommended for beginner riders due to its aggressive nature and potential for misuse. It requires experienced and skilled riders who can handle its power and weight responsibly.
Q: What is the average fuel efficiency of the Suzuki Hayabusa?
A: The fuel efficiency of the Suzuki Hayabusa can vary depending on factors such as riding conditions, riding style, and maintenance. However, it is generally known to have a lower fuel efficiency compared to smaller, more economical motorcycles. The mileage can range from around 15 to 20 miles per gallon (6.4 to 8.5 kilometers per liter) in typical riding conditions.