The TVS Zeppelin R is an upcoming cruiser from the Indian two-wheeler manufacturer TVS Motor Company. Though the company has not officially launched the bike yet, it showcased the concept model at the 2018 Auto Expo in Delhi generating an extremely positive response.
The Zeppelin R cruiser flaunts an elegant design language with a low-slung stance and comes equipped with an array of modern features. It is expected to be priced attractively to take on its rivals in the cruiser segment like the Bajaj Avenger and Royal Enfield Classic 350.
Keep reading to find out more details on the TVS Zeppelin R cruiser price in India, colors, mileage, top speed, features, specifications, and competitors.
Table of Contents
TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser Price in India With Variants
Though TVS is yet to reveal the official pricing of the Zeppelin R, based on the expected features and positioning, it is likely to be priced from Rs. 1.2 lakhs to Rs. 1.5 lakhs (ex-showroom).
The bike will sit above the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V and will compete with the Royal Enfield Classic 350 and Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220.
Here are the expected variant-wise prices of the TVS Zeppelin R cruiser:
|Variants||Expected Price (ex-showroom)|
|TVS Zeppelin R Standard||Rs. 1.2 lakhs|
|TVS Zeppelin R Dual ABS||Rs. 1.3 lakhs|
|TVS Zeppelin R Dual Channel ABS||Rs. 1.4 lakhs|
|TVS Zeppelin R Cruise Control||Rs. 1.5 lakhs|
The bike will likely be offered in two variants – single disc with single channel ABS and dual disc with dual channel ABS. Cruise control is expected to be offered as an optional extra. The premium variant with all the features is expected to be priced around Rs. 1.5 lakhs.
TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser Prices in All States of India in table
|Andhra Pradesh||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Arunachal Pradesh||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Assam||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Bihar||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Chhattisgarh||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Goa||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Gujarat||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Haryana||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Himachal Pradesh||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Jammu and Kashmir||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Jharkhand||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Karnataka||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Kerala||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Madhya Pradesh||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Maharashtra||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Manipur||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Meghalaya||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Mizoram||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Nagaland||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Odisha||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Punjab||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Rajasthan||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Sikkim||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Telangana||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Tamil Nadu||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Tripura||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Uttar Pradesh||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|Uttarakhand||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
|West Bengal||₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs|
The ex-showroom price of the TVS Zeppelin R cruiser across all states and union territories of India is expected to range from Rs. 1.2 lakhs to Rs. 1.5 lakhs when launched.
And here are the expected prices for the 8 union territories:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands: ₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs
- Chandigarh: ₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli: ₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs
- Daman and Diu: ₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs
- Jammu and Kashmir: ₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs
- Lakshadweep: ₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs
- Puducherry: ₹ 1.2 – 1.5 Lakhs
The bike will be competitively priced across India considering its premium appeal and the segment it will cater to.
TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser Launch Date in India
The TVS Zeppelin R was first showcased as a concept at the 2018 Auto Expo held in February that year. However, the company has not announced an official launch timeline yet.
As per speculations, the Zeppelin R cruiser is expected to hit the markets sometime in 2023. TVS had earlier hinted that the bike will enter production soon after completing internal testing and homologation.
The launch was likely delayed due to the disruptions faced by the auto industry due to COVID-19 pandemic and chip shortage issues. With the situation improving, 2023 seems a realistic timeline for the commercial launch of the Zeppelin R.
TVS already has a strong portfolio in the commuter segment with the Star City, Sport, Radeon, etc. The Zeppelin R will enter the premium cruiser market thereby expanding their portfolio. It will help strengthen TVS’ position against competitors like Hero, Bajaj, and Royal Enfield.
However, an official announcement regarding the launch timeline will only be made closer to the launch date. TVS fans have been eagerly waiting for the stylish cruiser and the wait might finally be over next year if all goes according to plan.
Why TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser Hasn’t Been Launched in India Yet?
Though TVS showcased the Zeppelin R concept back in 2018, the bike is yet to make its market debut despite strong interest from buyers.
Here are some probable reasons for the delay in launch:
- Stringent Emission Norms: The transition from BS4 to BS6 emission norms in 2020 led to delays in launch timelines for many manufacturers. TVS likely had to make design changes to comply with the new norms.
- Supply Chain Issues: The pandemic resulted in supply chain disruptions globally which also affected the auto industry. Shortage in chip supplies upset production schedules.
- Testing and Homologation: TVS has stated the bike is undergoing extensive real-world testing before launch. Meeting safety and emission standards requires rigorous testing which takes significant time.
- Market Conditions: Unfavorable market conditions due to the pandemic may have contributed to the delay. With the situation improving now, the launch could happen soon.
- Competition Evaluation: TVS may also be taking more time to ensure the right pricing and positioning for the Zeppelin to compete with bikes like Jawa, Royal Enfield, etc.
- Developing Sales Network: The company needs to develop sales and service support for the premium Zeppelin before going full steam with the launch.
Nevertheless, the wait has been long but it will be well worth it once the Zeppelin R hits the markets with its stunning cruiser styling and performance. The actual launch timelines will become clear as we move closer to 2023.
TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser Colors
The exact color options that will be offered with the TVS Zeppelin R are not known yet. However, based on the concept model displayed earlier, the bike is expected to come in attractive dual-tone color schemes.
Here are some of the possible color variants that may be offered with the Zeppelin R:
TVS bikes are known for offering exciting color options across models like the Apache, Star City Plus, NTorq 125, etc. The Zeppelin R is also likely to follow this trend and provide customers with appealing dual-tone colors to choose from.
The red and white colors will look stunning on the cruiser with the blacked-out components like the engine, wheels, and handles creating a nice contrast. The glossy finish with metal flakes on some colors can give a premium appeal.
TVS will likely conduct customer surveys and focus group studies before finalizing the colors for the production-spec Zeppelin R models. The bike may also receive special edition colors occasionally post the launch to keep things exciting.
TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser Mileage
The TVS Zeppelin R is expected to deliver a mileage of around 35-40 kmpl as per initial estimates. However, the exact fuel efficiency figures can be confirmed only once the bike is launched officially.
The 200cc single-cylinder engine coupled with the lightweight cruiser frame of the Zeppelin should allow it to deliver respectable mileage figures. The bike will sit in the premium segment focused more on styling and performance rather than efficiency.
For comparison, the Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 returns around 35 kmpl mileage since it has similar underpinnings. The more powerful Jawa bikes deliver around 30 kmpl. Royal Enfield bikes like the Classic 350 provide an average of 37 kmpl real-world mileage.
Thus, considering its engine specs and segment, expect the TVS Zeppelin R to return around 35-40 kmpl when tested under standard conditions. The bike will have a laid-back cruiser riding position and a lightweight body that should help with the fuel efficiency.
However, the exact mileage can vary based on riding style, road/traffic conditions, load, service maintenance, etc. Shorter riders may experience slightly higher mileage compared to taller ones. Periodic service and well-maintained engine will also help maximize fuel economy.
TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser Top Speed
The top speed of the upcoming Zeppelin R cruiser from TVS is estimated to be around 130-140 kmph. The bike is powered by a 200cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine mated to a 5-speed transmission.
TVS is expected to tune the engine to produce around 18-20 bhp of max power and 18-19 Nm of peak torque. This level of performance should allow the bike to touch a top speed of 130-140 kmph quite comfortably.
Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 which has a similar 220cc engine delivers a top speed of around 120 kmph. The heavier cruisers from Royal Enfield post a top speed between 120-130 kmph. So the lightweight Zeppelin R should be able to outrun its competitors.
The bike will focus more on relaxed cruising abilities rather than flat-out acceleration or top speed. But the powerful 200cc motor will provide adequate power for comfortable highway rides as well as quick overtakes when required.
However, the actual top speed that riders may achieve will depend on several factors like bike load, road conditions, wind speed, tire pressure, maintenance, etc. In ideal conditions on open roads, expect a top speed between 130-140 kmph from the Zeppelin R once launched.
TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser Features
Though the exact features will be revealed at launch, the concept model and leaked photos indicate the TVS Zeppelin R will come loaded with some great features:
- All-LED Lighting: Stylish LED headlamp with LED DRLs along with LED taillamps give it a premium appeal.
- Digital Instrument Console: Fully-digital display with readouts for speed, rpm, fuel level, odo, tripmeters, clock, etc.
- Alloy Wheels: Attractive multi-spoke alloy wheels complement the styling.
- Dual Channel ABS: Safety will be ensured thanks to dual-channel ABS as standard across variants.
- Fat Rear Tyre: Muscular rear tyre measuring 140/60 R17 adds to the cruiser styling.
- Adjustable Levers: Crucial ergonomic feature allowing riders to adjust brake and clutch levers.
- Wider & Comfortable Seat: The low set, wide seat with generous cushioning enhances comfort.
- Chrome Accents: Elegant touches like chrome side panels, mirrors, and twin exhausts add premium flair.
- Monoshock Rear Suspension: Advanced suspension setup improves ride quality and handling stability.
Some other anticipated features are engine kill switch, USB charging port, dual horns, gear position indicator, park assist, etc.
TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser Specs
Here is a quick look at the expected specifications of the upcoming TVS Zeppelin R cruiser:
Dimensions & Weight
Kerb Weight: Around 180 kg
Length: Approximately 2,100 mm
Width: Around 850 mm
Height: Approx 1,100 mm
Ground Clearance: Upto 170 mm
Wheelbase: Around 1,400 mm
Seat Height: Approx 780 mm
Type: Double Cradle
Power (BHP): 18-20 bhp
Torque (NM): 18-19 Nm
Cooling System: Air-cooled
Transmission Type: 5-Speed Manual
No of gears: 5
Drive Type: Chain Drive
Fuel Type: Petrol
Fuel efficiency: 35-40 kmpl
Fuel delivery system: Fuel Injection
Suspensions, Brakes, Steering & Tyres
Suspension Front: Telescopic Forks
Suspension Rear: Monoshock
Wheel Size (inches): 17-inch
Tyre Size Front: 90/90 R17
Tyre Size Rear: 140/60 R17
Brakes Front: 280 mm Disc
Brakes Rear: 240 mm Petal Disc
Battery: 12V, 8Ah
Headlight Bulb Type: LED
Electric System: 12 Volt
The Zeppelin R promises an exciting package combining retro cruiser styling with modern performance. The exact specifications will be known at the time of launch.
Detailed Comparison of the TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser And its Competitors
Here is a detailed specification comparison of the upcoming TVS Zeppelin R against its likely competitors, the Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 and Royal Enfield Classic 350:
|Specs||TVS Zeppelin R||Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220||Royal Enfield Classic 350|
|Engine||200cc Single Cylinder||220cc Single Cylinder||346cc Single Cylinder|
|Power||18-20 bhp||19 bhp||19 bhp|
|Torque||18-19 Nm||17 Nm||28 Nm|
|Transmission||5-Speed Manual||5-Speed Manual||5-Speed Manual|
|Mileage||35-40 kmpl||35 kmpl||37 kmpl|
|Top Speed||130-140 kmph||120 kmph||130 kmph|
|Brakes||280mm Front Disc 240mm Rear Disc||260mm Front Disc 130mm Rear Drum||280mm Front Disc 240mm Rear Disc|
|Suspension||Telescopic Forks (Front) Monoshock (Rear)||Telescopic Forks (Front & Rear)||Telescopic Forks (Front & Rear)|
|Tires||90/90-17 (Front) 140/60-17 (Rear)||90/90-17 (Front) 130/70-17 (Rear)||90/90-19 (Front) 110/90-18 (Rear)|
|Dimensions (LWH)||2100mm x 850mm x 1100mm||2165mm x 750mm x 1060mm||2145mm x 785mm x 1060mm|
|Wheelbase||1400 mm||1490 mm||1390 mm|
|Ground Clearance||170 mm||169 mm||170 mm|
|Seat Height||780 mm||765 mm||800 mm|
|Fuel Tank||Up to 15 liters||13 liters||13.5 liters|
|Kerb Weight||Around 180 kg||160 kg||195 kg|
The Zeppelin R promises to bring an exciting mix of retro cruiser styling, nimble handling from its lightweight frame, and a refined yet peppy engine performance. When launched, it has the potential to disrupt the cruiser segment dominated by Royal Enfield.
TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser Accessories
TVS is expected to offer a range of genuine accessories for the Zeppelin R to enhance styling, safety, comfort, and performance. Here are some of the accessories that may be offered:
- Engine Guard: Protects engine and underbody during falls.
- Crash Guards: Reinforces the frame and absorbs shock in collisions.
- Panniers: Side saddle bags for additional luggage carrying capacity.
- Top Box: Roomy top box for carrying more cargo securely.
- Taller Handlebar: Provides an upright seating posture for long rides.
- USB Charger: Allows riders to charge phones and other devices on the go.
- Seat Covers: Custom seat covers in premium leatherette or gel material.
- Mobile Holder: Keeps phone secure yet visible in front of rider.
- Tank Pads: Cushioned tank pads add comfort and style.
- LED Turn Signals: Enhances visibility and style with slick LED turn indicators.
- SmartXonnect: Advanced connectivity tech for call/music control, turn-by-turn navigation, etc.
TVS offers a range of accessories across its motorcycle range. The accessories will add more value, comfort, convenience, and customization for the Zeppelin R cruiser.
TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser Pros and Cons
- Retro-modern styling stands out from regular commuters
- Powerful and refined 200cc engine with good performance
- Lightweight double cradle frame enhances handling
- Expected to deliver good fuel efficiency
- Modern features like all-LED lighting, digital console, etc.
- Safety from standard dual-channel ABS
- Wide 140-section rear tyre adds to visual appeal
- Adjustable levers for ergonomic riding position
- Capable suspension setup improves ride quality
- Likely to be attractively priced against competitors
- Launch delayed considerably from concept display
- Waiting period likely post-launch owing to high demand
- Aftersales service may be limited in some areas initially
- Minimal storage space for longer rides
- May feel underpowered compared to bigger engined cruisers
- Low ground clearance can limit off-roading abilities
- Stiff suspension setup may be uncomfortable over bad roads
Why Should You Buy TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser?
Here are some compelling reasons to consider the upcoming TVS Zeppelin R cruiser:
- Classy retro design: The design is inspired by classic cruisers but has a modern twist with elements like LED lighting and digital console. The simple yet elegant styling will appeal to a wide range of buyers.
- Strong value: Going by the expected pricing, the Zeppelin R would cost noticeably less than rival Royal Enfield cruisers with similar performance and features. Excellent value-for-money.
- Refined 200cc engine: The 200cc single-cylinder motor promises refined performance that is brisk yet easy-going, striking the right balance for a cruiser. Less vibration too.
- Comfortable ergonomics: Low seat height, forward-set footpegs, and raised handlebar provide a feet-forward comfortable rider triangle ideal for laidback cruising.
- Lightweight handling: Mass centralization techniques have helped to keep the weight low for a cruiser. This results in sportier handling compared to heavier rivals.
- Advanced features: Fully-digital display, LED lighting, and standard dual-channel ABS make the Zeppelin R high on features compared to rivals.
- Strong TVS backing: TVS service network is widespread with excellent after-sales support. Build quality and reliability will be top-notch.
For buyers looking at accessible cruisers that score high on design, features and handling without breaking the bank, the Zeppelin R hits the sweet spot.
TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser Reviews and Ratings
As the Zeppelin R cruiser is yet to be officially launched, user reviews are not available currently. However, based on the concept and initial impressions, here is an expected overview of the user reviews:
The retro-inspired styling of the Zeppelin R cruiser has evoked an extremely positive response from auto experts and enthusiasts alike. The simple yet elegant lines with a liberal dose of chrome highlights are sure to appeal to cruiser lovers.
Reviewers are likely to praise the highly refined and vibration-free performance of the 200cc single-cylinder engine. The light weight of the bike coupled with the 18-20 bhp power output should deliver an enjoyable riding experience for daily commutes and highway cruising alike.
The handling too is expected to find appreciation owing to the lightweight double cradle frame and moderately wide tires. Ride quality will also see positive remarks due to the advanced suspension setup.
Ergonomics seem upright and comfortable from the concept model with the low seat allowing easy reach to the ground. The adjustable levers add further convenience. Pillion comfort too should be good.
Safety equipment like standard ABS across variants, disc brakes on both wheels, LED lighting, etc. is likely to be commended. Feature list containing fully-digital console, USB charger, engine kill switch, etc. should impress reviewers.
Build quality and fit-finish levels are expected to be top-notch considering TVS’ reputation for reliability. The pricing is very likely to be appreciated as it undercuts the competition significantly.
Overall, user reviews are expected to rate the Zeppelin R highly for its styling, performance, ride quality, features, safety, fit-finish and value-for-money quotient. Real user reviews post the launch will give a clearer picture.
TVS Zeppelin R Cruiser FAQs
Q. What is the expected launch date of TVS Zeppelin R?
A. The Zeppelin R is expected to launch sometime in 2023, likely around July-August. However, the company is yet to officially confirm the launch timeline.
Q. What is the engine capacity of Zeppelin R?
A. It is powered by a 200cc single-cylinder engine, 4-valve, air-cooled engine that generates 18-20 bhp power and 18-19 Nm torque.
Q. Will the Zeppelin R get ABS option?
A. Yes, dual-channel ABS will be offered as standard for safety across all the variants.
Q. What is the expected mileage of Zeppelin R cruiser?
A. Mileage is expected to be around 35-40 kmpl in ideal riding conditions.
Q. Does the Zeppelin R get cruise control?
A. Cruise control is likely to be offered at least in the top variant. It will enhance comfort on long highway rides.
Q. Will Zeppelin R be available in matte paint options?
A. As of now there is no confirmation if matte color options will be offered. It will be clear closer to the launch.
Q. What is the seat height of Zeppelin R?
A. Seat height is expected to be around 780 mm which is accessible for most riders.
Q. Will the Zeppelin R be heavier than the Apache RTR 200?
A. No, the Zeppelin R is expected to weigh around 15-20 kg lesser than the Apache 200.
Q. Does the Zeppelin R feature an all-digital instrument cluster?
A. Yes, it gets a fully digital instrument panel with LED illumination displaying all essential readouts.
The upcoming TVS Zeppelin R has all the makings of a stellar cruiser – evocative classic styling, responsive and refined 200cc engine, comfy ergonomics, plush ride quality, and a litany of premium features. With its expected pricing, it threatens to disrupt the cruiser segment dominated by Royal Enfield.
For customers seeking an accessible and value-focused cruiser without compromising on styling or performance, the TVS Zeppelin R ticks all boxes. The wait for its launch is getting shorter and it is sure to appeal to a wide range of buyers when it hits showrooms.
The bike promises to continue TVS’ legacy of offering feature-loaded, reliable products that deliver excellent value. With its cruiser ambitions finally taking shape in the form of the Zeppelin R, it will be very interesting to see how the market responds when launched.