The Bajaj Pulsar F600 is an upcoming motorcycle from the Indian two-wheeler manufacturer Bajaj Auto. Even though the bike hasn’t been launched yet, there is a lot of anticipation and hype surrounding this premium offering from Bajaj.
The Pulsar F600 is expected to be a revolution for Bajaj as it marks the company’s entry into the middle-weight motorcycle segment in India. With its expected launch in late 2023 or early 2024, the Pulsar F600 aims to take on popular rivals like the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650, Honda CB650R and Kawasaki Z650.
In this detailed guide, we take a look at the expected price in India, colors, mileage, top speed, features, specifications, accessories and more details of the upcoming Bajaj Pulsar F600 motorcycle. We also compare it with its likely competitors to help you understand how it fares.
Table of Contents
Bajaj Pulsar F600 Price in India With Variants
The Bajaj Pulsar F600 is expected to be priced around ₹3.5 – 4 lakh (ex-showroom). This will make it a premium offering in Bajaj’s lineup, slotted above the Pulsar RS200.
We expect Bajaj to offer the Pulsar F600 in two variants:
- Pulsar F600 Standard: The base variant with single-channel ABS and basic features. Expected price – ₹3.5 lakh
- Pulsar F600 Fully-Loaded: The top-spec variant with dual-channel ABS, assist & slipper clutch and added features. Expected price – ₹4 lakh
These are estimated introductory prices and actual prices may vary. Bajaj is expected to price it competitively against its 650cc rivals from RE, Honda, Kawasaki etc.
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Prices in All States of India in table
Here are the state-wise ex-showroom prices of the Royal Enfield Himalayan 450:
|Andhra Pradesh||₹ 2,17,000|
|Arunachal Pradesh||₹ 2,20,500|
|Himachal Pradesh||₹ 2,19,800|
|Jammu and Kashmir||₹ 2,21,700|
|Madhya Pradesh||₹ 2,18,600|
|Tamil Nadu||₹ 2,23,700|
|Uttar Pradesh||₹ 2,18,600|
|West Bengal||₹ 2,22,100|
And here are the prices in the 8 union territories of India:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands – ₹ 2,25,400
- Chandigarh – ₹ 2,17,000
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli – ₹ 2,17,000
- Daman and Diu – ₹ 2,17,000
- Jammu and Kashmir – ₹ 2,21,700
- Lakshadweep – ₹ 2,25,900
- Puducherry – ₹ 2,23,700
Bajaj Pulsar F600 Launch Date in India
The exact launch timeline of the Bajaj Pulsar F600 is not known yet. However, based on speculations and reports, we expect the Pulsar F600 to be introduced in India by late-2023 or early 2024.
Bajaj has not revealed an official launch date yet. But the motorcycle has been spotted testing several times, indicating that its launch is not too far.
We expect the Pulsar F600 to first make its global debut, followed by an India launch in the coming months. Bajaj may showcase it at 2023 Auto Expo in January before launching it around Feb-March 2024.
Why Bajaj Pulsar F600 Hasn’t Been Launched in India Yet?
There are a few reasons why Bajaj has not introduced the Pulsar F600 in India yet:
- Development & Testing: Bajaj is taking time to thoroughly test and develop the Pulsar F600 to ensure it delivers on performance, quality and reliability. Multiple prototypes are being tested across different terrains.
- Setting up Production: As a new motorcycle platform, Bajaj is likely setting up a dedicated production line for the Pulsar F600 which takes time. It is expected to be made at the Chakan plant in Pune.
- Market Conditions: The middle-weight segment (400-700cc) has slowed down in the last 1-2 years due to pandemic and other factors. Bajaj may be waiting for the right time to enter this segment.
- Increasing Competition: Rivals like RE, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki etc. have strengthened their 400-650cc lineups. Bajaj wants to get the product right before taking them on.
- Developing Sales Network: Bajaj is likely working on increasing the reach and capability of its Pro-Biking sales network to cater to this premium motorcycle.
So in summary, Bajaj wants to take its time to finetune the Pulsar F600 and launch when the market conditions are ideal. We expect the wait to be over in 2023.
Bajaj Pulsar F600 Colors
Bajaj is expected to offer the upcoming Pulsar F600 in these color options:
- Burnt Red – The signature Pulsar color will likely be available on the F600. It is a bright red color scheme with black accents.
- Sparkle Black – A subtle black color option with a sparkle/glittery effect. Goes well with the sporty appeal.
- Pearl White – A popular white shade that Bajaj offers on many Pulsar models. Provides a premium contrast.
- Blue – We could see a blue paint scheme for enthusiasts who want a vibrant color.
- Matte Gray – The Pulsar F600 matte grey option could have orange accents to stand out.
- Green – Bajaj might introduce an attractive green shade with the F600 to appeal to younger riders.
These color options will help distinguish the Pulsar F600 from its rivals and attract customers. The colors will highlight its sharp styling and sporty character. More options could be added later.
Bajaj Pulsar F600 Mileage
The Bajaj Pulsar F600 is expected to deliver a mileage of around 25-28 kmpl as per initial estimates. However, the exact ARAI-certified mileage figures will be known only after the bike’s launch.
For reference, the 250cc Pulsar NS200 delivers about 37 kmpl mileage. But the F600 has a bigger 599cc engine which will bring down its efficiency a bit. Also, it will come with a heavier kerb weight of around 185 kg compared to the NS200’s 160 kg.
However, Bajaj will tune the engine to offer optimum performance as well as decent fuel economy. The oil-cooling and fuel injection technology in the F600 engine will aid mileage.
On highways, the Pulsar F600 should return around 28 kmpl at moderate speeds. In city traffic, expect mileage to drop to about 22-25 kmpl due to start-stop riding. These are respectable mileage figures for a 600cc motorcycle.
Bajaj Pulsar F600 Top Speed
The upcoming Pulsar F600 is expected to achieve a top speed of around 150-160 kmph. This projection is based on its 599cc, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected engine that can generate around 50 HP power and over 45 Nm torque.
For perspective, the Pulsar RS200 can hit 140+ kmph speed with its smaller 199cc engine. So the more powerful 600cc motor should comfortably allow the Pulsar F600 to achieve higher top speed of around 150 kmph in ideal conditions.
A precise top speed figure will be available only after thorough road testing. Factors like aerodynamics, weight, gear ratios etc also affect real-world top speed. But given its sporty nature, the Pulsar F600 should have an exciting top-end.
Bajaj Pulsar F600 Features in table
Here is a table of the expected features and equipment on the Bajaj Pulsar F600:
|Engine Kill Switch||Yes|
|Tail Light Type||LED|
|ABS (Antilock Braking System)||Single-channel/Dual-channel|
As a premium offering, the Pulsar F600 is expected to come equipped with features like LED lighting, digital instrumentation, ABS, engine kill switch and more. Traction control is unlikely to be offered.
Bajaj Pulsar F600 Specs in table
Here are the expected specifications and dimensions of the upcoming Bajaj Pulsar F600:
Dimensions & Weight
|Kerb Weight||180-185 kg|
|Ground Clearance||170 mm|
|Seat Height||810 mm|
|Valves||DOHC, 8 valves|
|Power||50 HP @ 9,500 RPM|
|Torque||45 Nm @ 7,500 RPM|
|Ignition||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Drive Type||Chain Drive|
Suspension, Brakes & Tyres
|Front Suspension||Telescopic Forks|
|Rear Suspension||Mono Shock|
|Front Brake||300mm Disc|
|Rear Brake||230mm Disc|
|Front Tyre||100/80-17 inch|
|Rear Tyre||140/70-17 inch|
|Electric System||12V DC|
These specifications are based on reports and Pulsar F600 prototypes seen testing. Actual specs may vary.
Detailed Comparison of the Bajaj Pulsar F600 And its Competitors
Here is a detailed comparison of the expected specs and features of the Bajaj Pulsar F600 versus its likely competitors:
|Specifications||Bajaj Pulsar F600||Royal Enfield Interceptor 650||Honda CB650R||Kawasaki Z650|
|Engine||599cc Liquid-Cooled Twin||648cc Air-Cooled Twin||649cc Liquid-Cooled Inline 4||649cc Liquid-Cooled Twin|
|Power||50 HP||47 HP||95 HP||68 HP|
|Torque||45 Nm||52 Nm||57 Nm||64 Nm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection||Carburetor||Fuel Injection||Fuel Injection|
|Kerb Weight||180-185 kg||202 kg||212 kg||186 kg|
|Seat Height||810 mm||804 mm||810 mm||790 mm|
|Fuel Tank||13-15 liters||13.7 liters||11 liters||14 liters|
|Top Speed||150-160 kmph||130 kmph||190 kmph||160 kmph|
|Mileage||25-28 kmpl||25-30 kmpl||15-20 kmpl||20-25 kmpl|
|ABS||Single/Dual Channel||Dual Channel||Dual Channel||Dual Channel|
|Defensive Aid||–||–||4 Riding Modes||2 Riding Modes|
|Front Brake||300mm Disc||320mm Disc||310mm Disc||300mm Disc|
|Rear Brake||230mm Disc||240mm Disc||240mm Disc||220mm Disc|
|Front Suspension||Telescopic Fork||Telescopic Fork||Telescopic Fork||Telescopic Fork|
|Rear Suspension||Mono Shock||Twin Shocks||Mono Shock||Mono Shock|
|Tyres||100/80-17, 140/70-17||100/90-18, 110/90-18||120/70-17, 160/60-17||120/70-17, 160/60-17|
|Price||3.5 – 4 Lakhs||2.65 Lakhs||7.67 Lakhs||6.24 Lakhs|
- The Bajaj Pulsar F600 is expected to be the most affordable option in this segment upon launch. It strikes a balance between performance and pricing.
- The Pulsar gets modern features like fuel injection, perimeter frame and dual-channel ABS which are missing in the RE Interceptor.
- It lacks the high power output offered in inline-4 engine of Honda CB650R. The Honda also has added electronics for better handling.
- Build quality and refinement levels may not match the premium Japanese Kawasaki Z650. But the Pulsar aims to deliver value.
So in summary, the Bajaj Pulsar F600 aims to carve a niche as an accessible middleweight motorcycle with good features and everyday rideability.
Bajaj Pulsar F600 Accessories
Here are some of the Bajaj Pulsar F600 accessories that will be offered by Bajaj to customize and enhance this motorcycle:
- Engine Guard – A must-have accessory for additional protection and safety of the engine and underbody.
- Paddock Stand – Allows convenient parking and maintenance by lifting the motorcycle securely.
- Seat Cowl – Stylish single-seat cowl for a sportier look by removing the pillion seat.
- Tank Pad – Provides protection and grip on the tank surface. Available in different designs.
- Smartphone Mount – Practical mount to securely attach your smartphone on handlebar.
- USB Charger – Handy USB charging port for maintaining your phone’s battery.
- Helmet Lock – Allows you to safely lock and stow away your helmet when parked.
Bajaj Pulsar F600 Pros and Cons
- Powerful 599cc twin-cylinder engine with liquid-cooling and fuel injection
- Expected pricing is value-for-money compared to rivals
- Sharp styling and sporty appeal
- Modern features like LED lighting, digital console, ABS etc.
- Perimeter frame chassis provides stability and good handling
- Decent fuel efficiency for a middleweight bike
- Unlikely to match refinement of Japanese 600cc bikes
- Dual-channel ABS may be limited to top-variant only
- Lacks advanced electronic aids like traction control
- Available accessories will add to the cost
- Unknown after-sales service experience so far
Why Should You Buy Bajaj Pulsar F600?
Here are some compelling reasons to consider buying the upcoming Bajaj Pulsar F600 motorcycle:
- It will be the most affordable modern middleweight bike at an expected starting price of Rs. 3.5 lakhs. Provides great value.
- The 599cc twin-cylinder engine offers a balance of performance and practicality. Smooth power delivery.
- Sharp styling with aggressive design makes it stand out from typical retro bikes in this segment. Head turner!
- Packed with features like LED lighting, digital console, ABS, perimeter frame etc. making it a high-value package.
- Refined ride thanks to perimeter frame, good weight distribution and mono-shock suspension. Comfortable for long rides.
- Fuel injection ensures smooth throttle response in all conditions. No carburetor cleaning hassles.
- Trustworthy Bajaj brand with years of experience in building reliable and durable bikes. Reassuring after-sales support.
Bajaj Pulsar F600 Reviews and Ratings
As the Bajaj Pulsar F600 is still not launched in India, there are no official reviews or owner ratings available for it yet.
However, based on prototype spottings and Bajaj’s history, here is an early prediction of the expected reviews and ratings:
- Performance – 4/5 – The 600cc twin-cylinder engine should deliver an exciting blend of power and flexibility resulting in good performance reviews.
- Comfort – 4/5 – The perimeter frame, suspension setup and riding position seems reasonably comfortable going by the design.
- Handling – 4/5 – Sharp handling is expected from its perimeter chassis, tubeless tires and optimal weight balance.
- Mileage – 3.5/5 – Mileage is likely to be rated as average considering its engine size and power output. Around 25-28 kmpl is respectable.
- Features – 4/5 – LED lighting, digital console, ABS and other features will add to the overall value making features rating good.
- Styling – 4.5/5 – The Pulsar F600’s aggressive styling with muscular fuel tank and masculine design will garner very positive reviews.
- Price – 4/5 – Bajaj is likely to price it competitively compared to other 600cc bikes, giving it a very good price rating.
- Ownership – 3.5/5 – Overall ownership experience remains to be tested but Bajaj’s service network will be an advantage.
Bajaj Pulsar F600 FAQs
Q. What is the expected launch date of Bajaj Pulsar F600?
A. The Bajaj Pulsar F600 is expected to be launched around late-2023 or early 2024 in India. The exact launch date is not announced yet.
Q. What will be the price of Pulsar F600 in India?
A. It is expected to be priced around Rs. 3.5 – Rs. 4 lakh ex-showroom. The final pricing will be revealed by Bajaj at launch.
Q. Is Bajaj Pulsar F600 a fully-faired bike?
A. No, the Pulsar F600 will be a naked streetfighter motorcycle. There are no plans for a fully-faired version yet.
Q. What are the expected colors available on Pulsar F600?
A. The expected color options are Burnt Red, Sparkle Black, Pearl White, Blue, Matte Grey and Green.
Q. What is the engine capacity and power of Pulsar F600?
A. It will have a 599cc, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected engine producing around 50HP power and 45Nm torque.
Q. Will the Pulsar F600 get dual-channel ABS?
A. Dual-channel ABS is expected on the top variant. Lower variant may get single-channel ABS.
Q. What is the fuel tank capacity of Pulsar F600?
A. It is expected to have a 13-15 liter fuel tank capacity. Exact capacity will be revealed at launch.
Bajaj’s upcoming Pulsar F600 has all the makings of a strong competitor in the 600cc motorcycle segment. It combines the virtues of performance, affordability and modern technology in a stylish package. The Pulsar F600 aims to deliver an exciting big-bike experience for enthusiasts at a value price point.
If priced right at around Rs. 3.5 lakh, the Pulsar F600 could become the volume leader in the middleweight space – bringing performance biking to the masses. On the whole, the Bajaj Pulsar F600 shows a lot of promise and has the potential to shake up the segment if executed well. We will have to wait until its official launch next year to know the complete details and experience this new flagship Pulsar.