Introducing the Suzuki GSX250R, a captivating blend of power, precision, and sheer exhilaration! Designed to unleash the thrill-seeker within, this stunning sport bike embodies the perfect balance of style and performance. Whether you’re an experienced rider or new to the world of motorcycling, the GSX250R is bound to capture your imagination and ignite your passion for the open road.
With its sleek and aerodynamic bodywork, the GSX250R commands attention wherever it goes. Every curve and contour is meticulously crafted to enhance both visual appeal and aerodynamic efficiency, resulting in a machine that not only looks stunning but slices through the air with effortless grace.
Table of Contents
Suzuki GSX250R Price in India
The anticipated price for the 2023 Suzuki GSX-250R, also known as the 250cc Gixxer, in India is approximately Rs 3 lakh.
Suzuki GSX250R Variants
There are currently two variants of the Suzuki GSX250R available in India:
- Price: INR 2.02 lakh (ex-showroom)
- 248cc, parallel-twin, liquid-cooled engine
- 24.7hp power @ 8000rpm
- 23.3Nm torque @ 6500rpm
- 6-speed gearbox
- Dual-channel ABS
- Full fairing
- LED headlight and taillight
- LCD instrument cluster
- MotoGP Edition
- Price: INR 2.15 lakh (ex-showroom)
- Standard variant features
- MotoGP-inspired livery
- Special badging
The Suzuki GSX250R is a popular choice for riders looking for a stylish and affordable sports bike. It offers a good balance of performance, comfort, and handling. The MotoGP Edition is a more premium option that offers a unique look and feel.
Here is a table comparing the two variants:
|Price||INR 2.02 lakh (ex-showroom)||INR 2.15 lakh (ex-showroom)|
|Engine||248cc, parallel-twin, liquid-cooled||248cc, parallel-twin, liquid-cooled|
|Power||24.7hp @ 8000rpm||24.7hp @ 8000rpm|
|Torque||23.3Nm @ 6500rpm||23.3Nm @ 6500rpm|
|LED headlight and taillight||Yes||Yes|
|LCD instrument cluster||Yes||Yes|
Suzuki GSX250R Colors
The Suzuki GSX250R is available in various color options, which may vary depending on the market and availability. Some of the common colors for the GSX250R include:
- Metallic Triton Blue
- Pearl Nebular Black
- Glass Sparkle Black
- Pearl Glacier White
Suzuki GSX250R Mileage
The Suzuki GSX250R is known for its fuel efficiency and offers a decent mileage. On average, the GSX250R can provide a mileage of around 30-35 kilometers per liter (km/l) of fuel in mixed riding conditions.
Suzuki GSX250R Features
The Suzuki GSX250R comes with a range of features designed to enhance the riding experience. Here are some notable features of the GSX250R:
- Engine: The GSX250R is powered by a 248cc, liquid-cooled, twin-cylinder engine, delivering smooth power and good low-end torque.
- Sporty Design: The GSX250R sports a sleek and aggressive design inspired by Suzuki’s GSX-R series. It features a full fairing, twin headlamps, and aerodynamic styling.
- Digital Instrument Cluster: The motorcycle is equipped with a digital instrument cluster that provides essential information such as speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, odometer, and trip meter.
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System): The GSX250R comes with ABS as a standard feature, enhancing safety by preventing wheel lock-up during sudden braking or slippery conditions.
- LED Lighting: The motorcycle features LED headlights and taillights, providing improved visibility and energy efficiency.
- Adjustable Suspension: The GSX250R offers adjustable front forks and rear mono-shock suspension, allowing riders to fine-tune the suspension settings according to their preferences.
- Comfortable Ergonomics: The bike is designed to provide a comfortable riding position with a slightly forward-leaning stance and a well-padded seat.
- Fuel Efficiency: The GSX250R is known for its fuel efficiency, allowing for longer rides and fewer fuel stops.
- Twin Disc Brakes: The motorcycle is equipped with twin disc brakes at the front, providing reliable stopping power.
- Gear Indicator and Shift Light: The instrument cluster includes a gear position indicator and a shift light, assisting riders in gear selection and optimizing performance.
Suzuki GSX250R Specs
Here are the specifications for the Suzuki GSX250R:
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, twin-cylinder
- Displacement: 248cc
- Bore x Stroke: 53.5 mm x 55.2 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Fuel System: Fuel injection
- Maximum Power: Approximately 25 horsepower (18.4 kW) at 8,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: Approximately 23.4 Nm at 6,500 rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Frame Type: Diamond, steel
- Front Suspension: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brake: Disc brake with ABS
- Rear Brake: Disc brake with ABS
- Front Tire: 110/80-17M/C 57H, tubeless
- Rear Tire: 140/55-17M/C 66H, tubeless
- Overall Length: 2,085 mm
- Overall Width: 740 mm
- Overall Height: 1,075 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,430 mm
- Ground Clearance: 160 mm
- Seat Height: 790 mm
- Kerb Weight: 181 kg
- Fuel Capacity: 15 liters
- Instrument Cluster: Digital
- Lighting: LED headlights and taillights
- ABS: Standard
Suzuki GSX250R Competitors
- Kawasaki Ninja 300: The Ninja 300 offers a sporty design, strong performance, and advanced features. It has a larger engine displacement and higher power output compared to the GSX250R.
- Yamaha YZF-R3: The YZF-R3 is known for its sharp styling, agile handling, and refined engine performance. It features a 321cc engine, offering more power and torque compared to the GSX250R.
- Honda CBR250RR: The CBR250RR is a popular choice in the 250cc sportbike category. It features a sporty design, high-revving engine, and advanced features, providing a competitive option to the GSX250R.
- Benelli TNT 25: The TNT 25 from Benelli is a naked streetfighter in the 250cc segment. It offers a distinctive design, decent performance, and a more upright riding position compared to the fully faired GSX250R.
- KTM RC 200: The RC 200 is a lightweight sportbike known for its aggressive styling and responsive handling. It has a smaller engine displacement than the GSX250R but offers a more focused and spirited riding experience.
How to Book Online Suzuki GSX250R?
To book the Suzuki GSX250R online, you can follow these general steps:
- Visit the official website: Go to the official website of Suzuki in your region.
- Find the GSX250R model: Navigate to the motorcycles section or search for the GSX250R model specifically.
- Select your variant: Choose the specific variant of the GSX250R that you are interested in purchasing. If there are multiple variants available, compare the features and specifications to select the one that suits your preferences.
- Configure your bike: If there are any customization options available, such as color choices or additional accessories, configure your bike according to your preferences.
- Check availability: Verify the availability of the GSX250R in your area. Some websites may have a feature to check stock availability at nearby dealerships.
- Proceed to booking: Look for an option to book the motorcycle online. This may vary depending on the website’s design and functionality. There might be a “Book Now” or “Buy Now” button to initiate the booking process.
- Provide necessary information: Fill in the required details such as your personal information, contact details, and any other information requested during the booking process.
- Review and confirm: Double-check all the provided information, including the selected variant, pricing, and any additional options or accessories. Review the terms and conditions, cancellation policy, and payment terms.
- Make a payment: Proceed to the payment section and select your preferred payment method. Online payment options may include credit/debit cards, net banking, or digital wallets. Follow the instructions to complete the payment process securely.
- Confirmation and receipt: After successful payment, you should receive a confirmation of your booking along with a receipt. This confirmation may be sent to your provided email address or available for download from the website.
- Contact the dealership: Once you have completed the online booking process, it’s advisable to contact the authorized Suzuki dealership mentioned in the booking confirmation. Inform them about your booking and discuss further steps, such as documentation, delivery timelines, and any additional requirements.
Suzuki GSX250R Prons and Cons
Here are some pros and cons of the Suzuki GSX250R:
- Sporty Design: The GSX250R has a sleek and aggressive design inspired by Suzuki’s sportbike heritage. It resembles the larger GSX-R models, giving it a sporty and stylish appearance.
- Fuel Efficiency: The GSX250R is known for its fuel efficiency, making it a practical choice for daily commuting or longer rides. It can provide good mileage and help save on fuel costs.
- ABS as Standard: The GSX250R comes equipped with ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) as a standard feature. ABS enhances safety by preventing wheel lock-up during sudden braking or in slippery conditions, reducing the chances of accidents.
- Comfortable Riding Position: The GSX250R offers a comfortable riding position with a slightly forward-leaning stance. It strikes a balance between sportiness and rider comfort, making it suitable for both short and long rides.
- Easy Handling: With its lightweight and agile nature, the GSX250R offers easy handling and maneuverability. It is nimble in city traffic and provides a confident riding experience, especially for newer riders.
- Power Output: The GSX250R has a relatively smaller engine displacement, resulting in lower power output compared to larger sportbikes. Riders seeking more power or aggressive performance may find it less satisfying.
- Limited Highway Performance: While the GSX250R performs well in city riding and on smaller roads, it may lack the top-end power and acceleration required for high-speed highway riding or overtaking maneuvers.
- Limited Availability of Features: The GSX250R may have a more basic feature set compared to some of its competitors in the 250cc sportbike segment. Advanced features such as adjustable suspension or ride modes might be missing or limited.
- Limited Storage Space: Like most sportbikes, the GSX250R lacks storage space. It doesn’t have built-in compartments or storage options for carrying personal belongings or small items.
- Limited Passenger Comfort: The GSX250R is primarily designed for a single rider, and the pillion seat may not offer the same level of comfort as some other motorcycles designed specifically for two-up riding.
Suzuki GSX250R FAQs
Is the Suzuki GSX250R suitable for beginners or new riders?
Yes, the GSX250R is often considered a suitable option for beginners or new riders. It offers a manageable power output, easy handling, and a comfortable riding position. Additionally, the ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) enhances safety by preventing wheel lock-up during sudden braking.
What is the top speed of the Suzuki GSX250R?
The top speed of the GSX250R is typically around 150-160 km/h (93-99 mph), although it can vary depending on factors such as rider weight, riding conditions, and bike modifications.
Can the Suzuki GSX250R be used for long rides or touring?
While the GSX250R can be used for occasional long rides or touring, its smaller engine displacement and sporty nature are more suited for shorter commutes or spirited riding on twisty roads. For extensive touring, riders may prefer motorcycles with larger engine capacities and more touring-oriented features.
How is the maintenance and servicing of the Suzuki GSX250R?
Regular maintenance and servicing are important to keep the GSX250R in good condition. Following the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule, which includes periodic oil changes, filter replacements, and inspections, is essential. It’s advisable to have servicing and maintenance performed by authorized Suzuki service centers or qualified technicians.
What is the warranty coverage for the Suzuki GSX250R?
Warranty coverage can vary depending on the region and dealership policies. Typically, Suzuki offers a limited warranty for the GSX250R, which covers manufacturing defects and certain components for a specified period of time or mileage. It’s recommended to consult with authorized Suzuki dealers or refer to the warranty documentation for precise details.
Can the Suzuki GSX250R be customized with aftermarket parts and accessories?
Yes, the GSX250R can be customized with various aftermarket parts and accessories to suit individual preferences. However, it’s important to ensure that the aftermarket parts are compatible with the bike and meet safety standards. It’s recommended to consult with authorized Suzuki dealers or experienced professionals for guidance on suitable customization options.
Where can I find the Suzuki GSX250R owner’s manual?
The owner’s manual for the Suzuki GSX250R can typically be obtained from authorized Suzuki dealerships or downloaded from the official Suzuki website. The owner’s manual provides detailed information about the motorcycle’s features, maintenance, and safety guidelines.