Prepare to embark on a thrilling journey with the Yamaha YZF-R2, a masterpiece of engineering and design that captures the essence of pure adrenaline. From the moment you lay eyes on this striking machine, you’ll be captivated by its bold and aggressive presence.
Born from a rich legacy of racing excellence, the Yamaha YZF-R2 seamlessly combines power, performance, and precision. Its aerodynamic silhouette, sculpted with purpose, exudes an irresistible charm that beckons you to take control and experience the sheer joy of riding.
Table of Contents
Yamaha YZF-R2 Price in India
Yamaha YZF-R2 Price in India is expected to be around Rs 2.09 – 2.99 Lakh (Ex-Showroom).
Yamaha YZF-R2 variants
- Yamaha YZF-R2: The base variant of the YZF-R2 comes with standard features and specifications.
Yamaha YZF-R2 Colors
- Racing Blue
- Yamaha Black
- Team Yamaha Blue
- Intensity White/Matte Silver
- Radical Red
Yamaha YZF-R2 Mileage
The Yamaha YZF-R2 has a claimed mileage of 36-38 km/l, it suggests that the model is designed to offer relatively better fuel efficiency compared to other high-performance sports motorcycles.
Yamaha YZF-R2 Features
- Engine: The YZF-R2 is powered by a liquid-cooled, four-stroke, parallel-twin engine with a displacement of around 320cc. The engine is designed to deliver strong performance and smooth power delivery.
- Design and Styling: The YZF-R2 features a sporty and aggressive design inspired by Yamaha’s flagship sportbike, the YZF-R1. It often includes a sleek fairing, aerodynamic bodywork, twin headlights, and a distinctive tail section.
- Frame and Suspension: The motorcycle is built around a lightweight and rigid frame that provides excellent stability and handling. It typically comes equipped with high-quality suspension components, such as inverted front forks and a rear monoshock, to ensure responsive and precise handling.
- Brakes: The YZF-R2 is usually equipped with a high-performance braking system, featuring disc brakes both at the front and rear. Anti-lock braking system (ABS) may be available as a standard or optional feature for enhanced safety.
- Electronics and Technology: The YZF-R2 often incorporates advanced electronics and technology to enhance the riding experience. This may include features like digital instrument clusters, LED lighting, traction control, multiple riding modes, and quick-shift systems.
- Exhaust System: The motorcycle typically comes with a sporty exhaust system designed to optimize performance and produce a distinctive sound.
- Ergonomics: The YZF-R2 is designed with a focus on rider comfort and control. It generally features a sporty riding position with rear-set footpegs, a sculpted seat, and clip-on handlebars to provide an aggressive yet comfortable riding posture.
Yamaha YZF-R2 Specs
- Type: Liquid-cooled, parallel-twin, four-stroke engine
- Displacement: Approximately 320cc
- Maximum Power: Not available
- Maximum Torque: Not available
- Compression Ratio: Not available
- Fuel System: Fuel injection
- Transmission: 6-speed gearbox
- Frame: Diamond-type frame
- Front Suspension: Inverted telescopic fork
- Rear Suspension: Monoshock
- Front Brake: Disc brake
- Rear Brake: Disc brake
- ABS: Available (may vary by model and region)
- Front Tire: Tubeless tire (size may vary)
- Rear Tire: Tubeless tire (size may vary)
- Overall Length: Not available
- Overall Width: Not available
- Overall Height: Not available
- Seat Height: Not available
- Wheelbase: Not available
- Ground Clearance: Not available
- Fuel Capacity: Not available
- Kerb Weight: Not available
- Digital Instrument Cluster: Yes
- LED Lighting: Yes
- Traction Control: Available (may vary by model and region)
- Riding Modes: Available (may vary by model and region)
- Quick Shift System: Available (may vary by model and region)
Yamaha YZF-R2 Competitors
- Kawasaki Ninja 400
- KTM RC 390
- Honda CBR500R
- Suzuki GSX-R300 (also known as GSX250R in some markets)
- BMW G 310 RR
Yamaha YZF-R2 Pros and Cons
Pros of the Yamaha YZF-R2:
- Performance: The YZF-R2 offers impressive performance with its powerful engine and sporty design. It provides a thrilling riding experience for enthusiasts who enjoy speed and agility.
- Handling: The motorcycle is known for its excellent handling capabilities. Its lightweight frame, advanced suspension system, and responsive controls contribute to nimble and precise maneuvering on the road or track.
- Design: The YZF-R2 features a sleek and aggressive design inspired by its larger sibling, the YZF-R1. It exudes a sporty and dynamic appearance that appeals to riders who value aesthetics.
- Technology: Yamaha equips the YZF-R2 with modern technology and electronic features to enhance the riding experience. This can include advanced instrumentation, LED lighting, and optional features like traction control or quick-shift systems.
Cons of the Yamaha YZF-R2:
- Limited Practicality: As a sports-oriented motorcycle, the YZF-R2 prioritizes performance over practicality. It may lack certain comfort features or storage options that would make it less suitable for long rides or daily commuting.
- Riding Position: The aggressive riding position of the YZF-R2, with its rear-set footpegs and low clip-on handlebars, can be uncomfortable for some riders, especially during extended periods of riding or for riders with a preference for an upright riding posture.
- Seat Comfort: Some riders may find the seat of the YZF-R2 to be firm or lacking in cushioning, which can result in discomfort during longer rides.
- Maintenance and Cost: Being a high-performance motorcycle, the YZF-R2 may require regular and more expensive maintenance compared to standard commuter bikes. Additionally, the initial purchase price and cost of spare parts or accessories can be higher.
How to Book online Yamaha YZF-R2?
To book a Yamaha YZF-R2 online, you can follow these general steps:
- Visit the official Yamaha website: Go to the official website of Yamaha in your region or country.
- Locate the YZF-R2 model: Navigate to the motorcycles section or search for the Yamaha YZF-R2 model on the website.
- Check for online booking: Look for any information or notifications regarding online booking availability for the YZF-R2. Yamaha may have specific sections or pages dedicated to online bookings or promotions.
- Fill out the booking form: If online booking is available, you will typically need to fill out a booking form. Provide the required details, such as your name, contact information, preferred variant, color, and any other relevant information as requested.
- Review terms and conditions: Read and understand the terms and conditions associated with the online booking process. Pay attention to payment terms, cancellation policies, delivery timelines, and any other important details mentioned.
- Make the booking payment: Depending on the booking process, you may be required to make a booking payment online. Follow the provided instructions to complete the payment securely. Make sure to keep a record of the payment transaction or confirmation.
- Confirmation and documentation: After making the booking payment, you should receive a confirmation of your booking along with relevant documentation, such as a booking receipt or booking ID. Save this information for future reference.
- Follow up with the dealer: Stay in touch with the authorized Yamaha dealer responsible for your booking. They will guide you through the next steps, such as documentation, finalizing the payment, and delivery arrangements. Provide any additional information or documents as requested.
Yamaha YZF-R2 FAQs
Q1: Is the Yamaha YZF-R2 available in India?
A: the Yamaha YZF-R2 was not available in India. It’s recommended to check with authorized Yamaha dealers or the official Yamaha website for the latest information on availability in your region.
Q2: What is the engine displacement of the Yamaha YZF-R2?
A: The Yamaha YZF-R2 typically has a liquid-cooled, parallel-twin, four-stroke engine with a displacement of approximately 320cc.
Q3: Does the Yamaha YZF-R2 come with ABS?
A: ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) may be available as a standard or optional feature depending on the specific model and region. It’s best to consult official Yamaha sources or authorized Yamaha dealers for the most accurate information on the availability of ABS.
Q4: What are the available color options for the Yamaha YZF-R2?
A: The available color options for the Yamaha YZF-R2 can vary depending on the model year and region. Some common colors include Racing Blue, Yamaha Black, Team Yamaha Blue, Intensity White/Matte Silver, and Radical Red. It’s recommended to check with authorized Yamaha dealers or the official Yamaha website for the latest color options in your region.
Q5: What is the mileage of the Yamaha YZF-R2?
A: The mileage of the Yamaha YZF-R2 can vary depending on various factors such as riding conditions, maintenance, and riding style. It’s recommended to refer to official Yamaha specifications or consult with authorized Yamaha dealers for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the mileage of the Yamaha YZF-R2 in your specific region.
Q6: What are the competitors of the Yamaha YZF-R2?
A: Potential competitors of the Yamaha YZF-R2 in the sports bike segment could include motorcycles such as the Kawasaki Ninja 400, KTM RC 390, Honda CBR500R, Suzuki GSX-R300, and BMW G 310 RR. However, the availability and competition may vary by country and market.