Introducing the Yamaha FZ-10, a motorcycle that embodies the perfect balance of power, performance, and style. With its aggressive looks, exhilarating performance, and advanced technology, the FZ-10 is ready to ignite your passion for riding like never before.
From the moment you lay eyes on it, the FZ-10 commands attention with its muscular and angular design. Every line and curve is purposefully sculpted, giving it a striking presence on the road. The LED headlights and taillights add a touch of modern sophistication, while the exposed engine showcases its raw power.
Table of Contents
Yamaha FZ 10 Price in India
The Yamaha FZ-10 is not currently available in India, but it is expected to be launched in the country in the near future. The expected price of the Yamaha FZ-10 in India is around Rs. 14 lakh (ex-showroom).
Yamaha FZ 10 Variants
There are two variants of the Yamaha FZ-10: the standard model and the ES model.
Here is a table comparing the two variants:
|Feature||Standard Model||ES Model|
|Engine||998cc, liquid-cooled, inline-four||998cc, liquid-cooled, inline-four|
|Horsepower||165 horsepower||165 horsepower|
|Torque||112 pound-feet||112 pound-feet|
|Transmission||Six-speed manual||Six-speed manual|
|Fuel tank||17 liters||17 liters|
|Top speed||186 miles per hour||186 miles per hour|
Yamaha FZ 10 Colors
- Race Blu: This is the standard color for the FZ-10. It is a deep blue color that is sure to turn heads.
- Ice Fluo Yellow: This is a bright yellow color that is perfect for those who want to stand out from the crowd.
- Raven Black: This is a stealthy black color that is perfect for those who want a more understated look.
- Tech Black: This is a matte black color that is perfect for those who want a more aggressive look.
The Yamaha FZ-10 is also available in a number of special editions, such as the FZ-10 WorldSBK Edition, which is inspired by the Yamaha YZF-R1 WorldSBK race bike.
Here are some additional details about each color:
- Race Blu: The Race Blu color is a deep blue color that is inspired by the Yamaha YZF-R1 race bike. It is a popular color for the FZ-10, and it is sure to turn heads.
- Ice Fluo Yellow: The Ice Fluo Yellow color is a bright yellow color that is perfect for those who want to stand out from the crowd. It is a unique color that is sure to get attention.
- Raven Black: The Raven Black color is a stealthy black color that is perfect for those who want a more understated look. It is a classic color that is always in style.
- Tech Black: The Tech Black color is a matte black color that is perfect for those who want a more aggressive look. It is a modern color that is sure to turn heads.
Yamaha FZ 10 Mileage
In the city, the FZ-10 gets about 25 miles per gallon. On the highway, it gets about 35 miles per gallon. This is significantly lower than the mileage of many other motorcycles in its class.
Yamaha FZ 10 Top-speed
The Yamaha FZ-10 has a top speed of 186 miles per hour. This is based on the manufacturer’s specifications. However, it is important to note that top speed can vary depending on a number of factors, including rider weight, wind conditions, and tire pressure.
Yamaha FZ 10 Features
- Engine: The FZ-10 is powered by a 998cc inline-four engine derived from the Yamaha YZF-R1. This high-performance engine delivers impressive power and torque, providing thrilling acceleration and a strong top-end performance.
- Crossplane Crankshaft: The FZ-10 features a crossplane crankshaft design, similar to the one used in Yamaha’s flagship R1 model. This technology provides excellent torque response and a unique engine sound, contributing to the bike’s dynamic performance.
- D-Mode Throttle Control: The FZ-10 comes with Yamaha’s D-Mode Throttle Control system, which allows riders to select different throttle response modes to suit their preferences or riding conditions. The three available modes are Standard, A (aggressive), and B (smooth).
- Advanced Electronics: The FZ-10 is equipped with a range of advanced electronics to enhance the riding experience. It features a multi-function LCD instrument panel, adjustable traction control, and selectable Yamaha Ride Control (YRC) system that includes multiple riding modes and adjustable intervention levels.
- Adjustable Suspension: The FZ-10 comes with fully adjustable suspension components, allowing riders to fine-tune the bike’s handling characteristics based on their preferences and riding conditions. The front features an inverted fork, while the rear is equipped with a link-type Monocross suspension.
- Braking System: The FZ-10 features a high-performance braking system with dual 320mm front discs and radial-mount four-piston calipers. It provides strong and reliable stopping power, complemented by a 220mm rear disc brake.
- Lightweight Frame: The FZ-10 features an aluminum Deltabox frame that is lightweight and rigid, providing excellent stability and agility during cornering. The frame design contributes to the bike’s overall balance and handling characteristics.
- Aerodynamic Design: The FZ-10 showcases a muscular and aggressive design, with sharp lines and angular bodywork. The aerodynamic styling not only enhances the bike’s visual appeal but also helps with wind management and stability at higher speeds.
- LED Lighting: The FZ-10 features LED lighting all around, including the headlights, taillights, and turn signals. LED lighting offers better visibility and energy efficiency compared to traditional bulbs.
- Comfortable Ergonomics: Despite its sporty nature, the FZ-10 provides a comfortable riding position for both short and long rides. The seat is designed to offer support and comfort, and the handlebars are positioned for an upright riding posture.
Yamaha FZ 10 Specs
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, inline-4
- Displacement: 998cc
- Bore x Stroke: 79.0 mm x 50.9 mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Fuel System: Fuel injection with YCC-T (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle)
- Ignition: TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate assist and slipper clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Maximum Power: Approximately 160 horsepower (118 kW) at 11,500 RPM
- Maximum Torque: Approximately 111 Nm at 9,000 RPM
- Top Speed: Estimated around 150 mph (240 km/h) (may vary based on conditions)
- Frame Type: Aluminum Deltabox
- Front: KYB inverted telescopic fork, fully adjustable; 43mm diameter, 120mm travel
- Rear: KYB Monoshock with linkage, fully adjustable; 120mm travel
- Front: Dual 320mm hydraulic disc, 4-piston calipers
- Rear: 220mm hydraulic disc, single-piston caliper
- ABS: Standard (Anti-lock Braking System)
- Front: 17-inch, 5-spoke cast aluminum
- Rear: 17-inch, 5-spoke cast aluminum
- Front: 120/70-ZR17
- Rear: 190/55-ZR17
- Overall Length: 2,090 mm
- Overall Width: 800 mm
- Overall Height: 1,110 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,400 mm
- Ground Clearance: 130 mm
- Seat Height: 825 mm
- Fuel Capacity: 17 liters
- Wet Weight: Approximately 210 kg
- Instrumentation: Multi-function LCD display including speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, gear position indicator, odometer, trip meters, and other indicators.
- Lighting: LED headlights, taillights, and turn signals for improved visibility.
- Colors: The FZ-10 is available in various color options, which may vary by region.
Yamaha FZ 10 Competitors
- Kawasaki Z1000: The Kawasaki Z1000 is a formidable rival to the FZ-10. It features a 1,043cc inline-four engine, aggressive styling, and sporty handling. The Z1000 offers a blend of power, performance, and rider-friendly features, making it a popular choice among naked sport bike enthusiasts.
- Suzuki GSX-S1000: Suzuki’s GSX-S1000 is another strong competitor in the segment. It packs a 999cc inline-four engine, delivering thrilling acceleration and a responsive power delivery. With its comfortable ergonomics and sporty performance, the GSX-S1000 offers an exciting riding experience.
- BMW S1000R: The BMW S1000R brings its own unique flavor to the naked sport bike category. It shares its engine with the renowned S1000RR superbike, offering exceptional power and performance. The S1000R features advanced electronics, high-quality components, and dynamic styling, making it a compelling choice for riders seeking a premium naked sport motorcycle.
- Aprilia Tuono V4 1100: The Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 is known for its exceptional performance and handling capabilities. It is powered by a 1,077cc V4 engine, producing exhilarating power and torque. With its advanced electronics, top-notch suspension, and aggressive styling, the Tuono V4 1100 is a fierce competitor in the segment.
- Ducati Streetfighter V4: The Ducati Streetfighter V4 combines Italian style with potent performance. It features a 1,103cc V4 engine derived from the Ducati Panigale, delivering blistering acceleration and a thrilling riding experience. With its aggressive design, advanced electronics, and top-tier components, the Streetfighter V4 stands out as a performance-focused contender.
Yamaha FZ 10 Pros and Cons
Pros of the Yamaha FZ-10 (MT-10):
- Powerful Engine: The FZ-10 is equipped with a high-performance 998cc inline-four engine derived from the Yamaha YZF-R1, delivering impressive power and torque. It offers exhilarating acceleration and a thrilling riding experience.
- Agile Handling: The FZ-10 features a lightweight chassis and a well-balanced design, providing nimble and responsive handling. It offers excellent maneuverability, making it a joy to ride on both twisty roads and in urban environments.
- Advanced Electronics: The motorcycle comes with advanced electronics, including adjustable traction control and Yamaha Ride Control (YRC) system. These features enhance safety and performance, allowing riders to customize their riding experience based on preferences and road conditions.
- Comfortable Ergonomics: Despite its sporty nature, the FZ-10 offers a comfortable riding position. The upright seating position, along with well-positioned footpegs and handlebars, provide a balanced combination of comfort and control.
- Versatile Riding Capabilities: The FZ-10 is designed to excel in various riding scenarios. It can handle spirited rides on the open road, daily commuting, and even longer trips thanks to its comfortable ergonomics and decent fuel tank capacity.
Cons of the Yamaha FZ-10 (MT-10):
- Aggressive Power Delivery: The FZ-10’s powerful engine and aggressive throttle response may not be suitable for novice riders or those looking for a more relaxed riding experience. It requires skill and attention to handle the high power output.
- Limited Wind Protection: As a naked bike, the FZ-10 does not come with a fairing or windscreen to provide wind protection at higher speeds. This can result in increased wind buffeting and rider fatigue during longer rides on highways.
- Firm Suspension: The FZ-10’s suspension is tuned for sporty handling, which means it can be on the stiffer side. This setup can result in a slightly firm ride, especially on rougher road surfaces or during extended rides.
- Limited Storage Space: The FZ-10 does not offer integrated storage compartments or options for attaching luggage, which can limit its utility for carrying gear or undertaking long-distance trips with significant cargo.
- Price: The FZ-10’s advanced features and high-performance engine come at a higher price point compared to some of its competitors. This may be a consideration for riders on a budget or looking for a more affordable option.
How to Buy Yamaha FZ 10?
One way is to import it from another country. This can be a costly and time-consuming process, but it is possible. You will need to find a reputable dealer who can import the bike for you, and you will need to pay import duties and taxes.
Another way to get a Yamaha FZ-10 is to buy one that has already been imported into India. There are a few websites that sell imported motorcycles, and you can also find them for sale on classified ad websites.
If you are considering buying a Yamaha FZ-10, it is important to do your research and compare prices. The cost of an imported motorcycle can vary depending on the model, the year, and the condition of the bike.
Here are some of the things you should consider when buying a Yamaha FZ-10 in India:
- Price: The price of a Yamaha FZ-10 can vary depending on the model, the year, and the condition of the bike.
- Import duties and taxes: You will need to pay import duties and taxes when you import a motorcycle into India.
- Warranty: If you buy an imported motorcycle, it may not come with a warranty.
- Aftermarket support: There may not be as much aftermarket support for an imported motorcycle as there is for a motorcycle that is sold in India.
Yamaha FZ 10 FAQs
- When will the Yamaha FZ-10 be released?
The Yamaha FZ-10 was released in 2017. It is currently available in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- What is the price of the Yamaha FZ-10?
The price of the Yamaha FZ-10 varies depending on the country. In the United States, the standard model starts at $12,999. The ES model starts at $14,499.
- Is the Yamaha FZ-10 a good motorcycle?
The Yamaha FZ-10 is a great motorcycle for those who are looking for a powerful, versatile, and fun bike. It is not the most comfortable bike on the market, but it is sure to put a smile on your face when you are riding it.