The Yamaha R3 Facelift is a captivating and exhilarating sportbike that effortlessly blends style, performance, and agility. With its striking design, powerful engine, and precise handling, the R3 Facelift is sure to turn heads and ignite a sense of adventure in riders. From the moment you lay eyes on its sleek lines and aggressive stance, you’ll be drawn to its undeniable allure.
Whether you’re carving through winding roads or cruising along city streets, the R3 Facelift delivers an exhilarating riding experience that leaves a lasting impression. Prepare to be captivated by its sporty demeanor, as it effortlessly combines speed, agility, and unmatched thrills. The Yamaha R3 Facelift is a true testament to the artistry and engineering prowess of Yamaha, making it an attractive choice for riders seeking an extraordinary and unforgettable two-wheeled journey.
Table of Contents
Yamaha R3 Facelift Price in india
The Yamaha R3 facelift is expected to be launched in India in September 2023. The expected price of the Yamaha R3 facelift is Rs. 3.50 Lakh.
Yamaha R3 Facelift Variants
Here is the expected price of the Yamaha R3 facelift variants in India:
- Yamaha R3 Standard: Rs. 3.50 lakh
- Yamaha R3 ABS: Rs. 3.75 lakh
Yamaha R3 Facelift Colors
The 2023 Yamaha R3 is available in two new colors:
- Phantom Purple
- Intensity White
Yamaha R3 Facelift Mileage
The Yamaha R3 facelift mileage is claimed to be 35 kmpl. This is the mileage that Yamaha has tested the bike to achieve under controlled conditions. However, the actual mileage that you will get will depend on a number of factors, including your riding style, the terrain, and the weather conditions.
Yamaha R3 Facelift Top-speed
The Yamaha R3 facelift has a top speed of around 190-200 km/h. This is based on a number of factors, including the rider’s weight, the bike’s gearing, and the wind conditions. The R3 is a lightweight sportbike with a 321cc parallel-twin engine, so it is capable of reaching high speeds. However, it is important to note that the bike’s top speed is not its only performance metric. The R3 is also known for its handling and braking, which are both important for sport riding.
Yamaha R3 Facelift Dimensions
The Yamaha R3 facelift dimensions are as follows:
- Overall length: 2090 mm
- Overall width: 720 mm
- Overall height: 1135 mm
- Ground clearance: 160 mm
- Seat height: 780 mm
- Wheelbase: 1380 mm
- Kerb/Wet weight: 169 kg
- Fuel tank capacity: 14.30 litres
Yamaha R3 Facelift Features
- Stylish Design: The R3 facelift features a modern and aggressive design, inspired by Yamaha’s larger supersport motorcycles. Its aerodynamic fairings, sharp lines, and dual LED headlights give it a striking and sporty appearance.
- Engine Performance: Powering the R3 facelift is a liquid-cooled, 321cc, inline-twin engine. It delivers smooth and responsive power, making it suitable for both everyday commuting and spirited rides. The engine is equipped with fuel injection for improved fuel efficiency and throttle response.
- Lightweight Frame: The R3 facelift is built on a lightweight steel diamond-type frame, which provides excellent rigidity and handling characteristics. The compact frame design contributes to the motorcycle’s nimble and agile nature.
- Upside-Down Front Fork: The front suspension of the R3 facelift consists of an inverted telescopic fork, which enhances front-end stability and improves overall suspension performance. This allows for confident cornering and precise handling.
- Slipper Clutch: The motorcycle is equipped with a slipper clutch, which helps prevent rear-wheel hop during aggressive downshifting. This feature makes gear transitions smoother and improves control during rapid deceleration.
- LCD Instrument Cluster: The R3 facelift features a digital LCD instrument cluster that provides essential ride information such as speed, RPM, fuel level, and gear position. It is easy to read and provides a modern touch to the overall design.
- Dual Disc Brakes: The front and rear wheels of the R3 facelift are equipped with disc brakes, providing reliable stopping power. This ensures effective braking performance and enhances rider safety.
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System): The R3 facelift comes with ABS as standard, which helps prevent wheel lock-up during hard braking or on slippery surfaces. ABS enhances overall braking performance and increases rider confidence.
- Ergonomics: The R3 facelift is designed with a comfortable riding position that strikes a balance between sporty and relaxed. The rider’s seat and handlebars are positioned to provide a good balance of control and comfort, making it suitable for longer rides.
- Optional Accessories: Yamaha offers a range of optional accessories for the R3 facelift, including a sporty exhaust, tank pad, and rear seat cowl, allowing riders to personalize and enhance their motorcycle according to their preferences.
Yamaha R3 Facelift Specs
Here are the specifications of the Yamaha R3 facelift:
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, inline-twin
- Displacement: 321cc
- Bore x Stroke: 68.0mm x 44.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
- Fuel System: Fuel Injection
- Ignition System: TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Frame Type: Diamond
- Front Suspension: Inverted telescopic fork
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm, Monocross suspension
- Front Brake: Hydraulic single disc, ABS
- Rear Brake: Hydraulic single disc, ABS
- Front Tire: 110/70-17M/C 54H
- Rear Tire: 140/70-17M/C 66H
- Overall Length: 2,090mm
- Overall Width: 720mm
- Overall Height: 1,135mm
- Seat Height: 780mm
- Wheelbase: 1,380mm
- Ground Clearance: 160mm
- Fuel Capacity: 14 liters
- Wet Weight: 173 kg
- Maximum Power: 30.9 kW (42.0 PS) @ 10,750 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 29.6 Nm (3.0 kg-m) @ 9,000 rpm
- Fuel Economy: Approximately 35-40 miles per gallon (15-17 kilometers per liter)
Yamaha R3 Facelift Competitors
- Kawasaki Ninja 400: The Kawasaki Ninja 400 is a direct competitor to the Yamaha R3 facelift. It features a similar engine displacement and offers a sporty riding experience. The Ninja 400 is known for its aggressive styling, strong performance, and nimble handling.
- KTM RC 390: The KTM RC 390 is another formidable competitor in the middleweight sportbike segment. It boasts a powerful single-cylinder engine and sharp, aggressive styling. The RC 390 is known for its dynamic performance, advanced electronics, and track-oriented capabilities.
- Honda CBR500R: The Honda CBR500R offers a bit more displacement compared to the R3 facelift, with a 471cc parallel-twin engine. It features sporty styling, comfortable ergonomics, and a versatile riding experience. The CBR500R is known for its smooth power delivery and practicality for both daily commuting and spirited rides.
- Suzuki GSX250R: The Suzuki GSX250R is a smaller-displacement sportbike that competes in the entry-level segment. While it has a lower power output compared to the R3 facelift, it offers lightweight handling, sleek design, and a comfortable riding position. The GSX250R is an option for riders seeking a more accessible and beginner-friendly sportbike.
Yamaha R3 Facelift Pros and Cons
Pros of the Yamaha R3 Facelift:
- Sporty Design: The R3 Facelift features a sleek and aggressive design, resembling Yamaha’s larger supersport motorcycles, giving it a visually appealing and sporty look.
- Responsive Engine: The 321cc inline-twin engine delivers smooth and responsive power, making it enjoyable for both city riding and spirited runs on the open road.
- Lightweight and Nimble: The R3 Facelift’s lightweight construction and compact dimensions contribute to its nimble handling, allowing for confident cornering and maneuverability.
- Comfortable Riding Position: The ergonomics of the R3 Facelift are designed to provide a balance of comfort and sportiness, allowing riders to enjoy longer rides without feeling overly fatigued.
- ABS as Standard: The inclusion of ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) as standard enhances braking performance and provides increased safety by preventing wheel lock-up during hard braking or on slippery surfaces.
- Fuel Efficiency: The R3 Facelift offers good fuel efficiency, allowing riders to cover longer distances without frequent refueling.
- Reliability and Durability: Yamaha motorcycles are known for their reliability and durability, ensuring that the R3 Facelift can withstand regular use and provide years of enjoyable riding.
Cons of the Yamaha R3 Facelift:
- Limited Power for Experienced Riders: While the R3 Facelift provides ample power for beginners and intermediate riders, more experienced riders may find its performance somewhat lacking compared to higher-displacement sportbikes.
- Limited Wind Protection: The R3 Facelift’s sporty design prioritizes aerodynamics, which may result in limited wind protection at higher speeds, potentially affecting rider comfort during long highway rides.
- Limited Storage Space: As a sportbike, the R3 Facelift is not equipped with extensive storage options, which may limit its practicality for riders who frequently carry luggage or items during their rides.
How to Buy Yamaha R3 Facelift in india?
Here are some of the ways to buy the Yamaha R3 facelift in India:
- Pre-book the bike: You can pre-book the Yamaha R3 facelift at any authorized Yamaha dealer in India. The booking amount is Rs. 10,000.
- Wait for the bike to be launched: You can wait for the Yamaha R3 facelift to be launched in India and then buy it from an authorized Yamaha dealer.
- Import the bike from another country: You can import the Yamaha R3 facelift from another country, such as the United States or Europe. However, this will be a more expensive option.
Here are some of the things to keep in mind when buying the Yamaha R3 facelift in India:
- The price: The Yamaha R3 facelift is expected to be priced at around Rs. 3.5 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). This is a relatively expensive bike for the Indian market.
- The availability: The Yamaha R3 facelift is not yet available in India. It is expected to be launched in the Indian market in the second half of 2023.
- The warranty: The Yamaha R3 facelift comes with a 2-year/unlimited kilometers warranty.
- The service and spares: The Yamaha R3 facelift is a relatively new bike in India. So, the availability of service and spares may be an issue.
Yamaha R3 Facelift FAQs
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the Yamaha R3 facelift:
What are the new features of the Yamaha R3 facelift?
The Yamaha R3 facelift has a number of new features, including:
- A new LED headlight and taillight
- A new front fairing and side fairings
- A new instrument cluster with a gear position indicator and a lap timer
- A new exhaust system
- New suspension settings
- New brake pads
What are the changes to the engine in the Yamaha R3 facelift?
The engine in the Yamaha R3 facelift is the same 321cc parallel-twin engine that was used in the previous model. However, Yamaha has made some changes to the engine, including:
- A new air intake system
- A new exhaust system
- New ECU settings
These changes have resulted in a small increase in power and torque.
How much does the Yamaha R3 facelift cost?
The Yamaha R3 facelift has a starting MSRP of $4,999.
Where can I buy the Yamaha R3 facelift?
The Yamaha R3 facelift is available at authorized Yamaha dealerships.
What are the pros and cons of the Yamaha R3 facelift?
- Lightweight and agile
- Powerful and responsive engine
- Good handling
- Not as comfortable as some other sportbikes
- Not as powerful as some other sportbikes
- Not as stylish as some other sportbikes
Is the Yamaha R3 facelift a good bike?
The Yamaha R3 facelift is a good bike for riders who are looking for a lightweight, affordable, and fun sportbike. It is a great choice for both track and street use.
Here are some of the things to keep in mind when considering the Yamaha R3 facelift:
- The price: The Yamaha R3 facelift is a relatively affordable bike.
- The performance: The Yamaha R3 facelift is a fun and capable bike.
- The comfort: The Yamaha R3 facelift is not the most comfortable bike, but it is not uncomfortable either.
- The styling: The Yamaha R3 facelift is not the most stylish bike, but it is not ugly either.